Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) seeks to recruit competent and result oriented professionals to strengthen the team and ensure continued quality services:
- Program Officer Pharmacy (Global Fund Tb)
- Program Medical Officer (MDR-TB)
- Program Officer Pharmacy (Global Fund Tb)
Program Officer Pharmacy (Global Fund Tb) Job Vacancy at IHVN
Job Title: Program Officer Pharmacy (Global Fund Tb)
Location: Central Office, Abuja.
- The Program Officer Pharmacy (GF TB) will use a team work approach to implement pharmacy related issues in close collaboration with the other members of the pharmacy unit and with staff in the region and central office.
- For systematic integration of pharmacy related activities, the P.O Pharmacy (GF-TB) will interact excellently with the health facilities and regional staff and collaborate/engage with key stakeholders to ensure that the needs of facilities are identified and well understood, and that implementation of programmatic objectives are conducted effectively and efficiently, bringing together relevant perspectives and disciplines.
- The P.O Pharmacy (GF TB) will generally interact with critical stakeholders such as health facilities, sub-partners, and external partners involved in the supply and distribution of medications.
The Program Officer Pharmacy (GF TB) is responsible for the following areas:
- Will serve as Focal Person for GF TB pharmaceutical services in the central office and attend all GF team strategic meetings and centrally organized trainings.
- Implement of GF-TB pharmacy activities at the states and regions The Program Officer Pharmacy (GF TB) will implement all pharmacy activities regional, state and at the facility level. These activities include:
- Assist sites with forecasting /quantification, monitoring of TB drug distributions by IHVN
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control issues at the facility by close monitoring of prescription patterns, ensure proper documentation, side effects monitoring (pharmacovigilance), reduce dispensing errors etc.
- Monitor site stock level of TB drugs at the regional level and communicate with central staff and external and sub-partners
- Oversee TB drug logistics i.e. stock-taking, proper drug storage, drug stock out and monitor the effectiveness of the pull system
- Provide regular and routine supportive supervision and mentoring to facility staff on dispensing and patient counseling, side effects monitoring, detection of Lost to Follow up (LTFU).
- Identify training needs and help with trainings as well as organize and conduct trainings regionally and at sites e.g. on Good Pharmaceutical Practice (GPP), Pharmacy care etc.
- Monitor report collection/collation at facility level.
- Monitor drug distribution to facilities.
- Carry out clinical reviews.
- Carry out other assigned responsibilities.
- Essential: Bachelor of Pharmacy/ Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences/Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D).
- At least 3 years’ experience working in public health programs, with special emphasis on Global Fund operations especially the tuberculosis program.
- Proven record of working in a multi-disciplinary environment and implementing health projects conducted with disease control programs in low-income countries.
- Desirable: Master of Public Health (MPH) Language: Expert knowledge of written and spoken English is strongly required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and expertise in program implementation for the control of TB and MDR-TB especially under the Global Fund program.
- Expertise in public health and broad knowledge of infectious diseases. Good knowledge of epidemiology.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, and collaborate with other experts and colleagues.
- Good communication skills and ability to effectively interact with partners.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to foster integration and teamwork.
- Ability to respect and promote individual and cultural differences.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment.
- Ability to effectively use resources.
- Reports to the Director Clinical Services, and works directly under the guidance of the Head of Pharmacy.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document saved with applicants name in the following format e.g. Adamu Maduka Application Program Officer Pharmacy (Global Fund Tb) explaining suitability to Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
- IHVN only considers educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution. All applicants must have completed the NYSC or have been exempted according to regulations of the NYSC.
- Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.