Savannah Sugar Company Limited, a subsidiary of Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc, is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced professionals to fill the positions below:
- Agronomist (Agronomic Researcher)
- Finance Manager
- Internal Audit Manager
- Survey Engineer
Agronomist (Agronomic Researcher) Job Vacancy at Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc
Job Title: Agronomist (Agronomic Researcher)
Location: Numan, Adamawa State
Reporting to: Head, Agronomy Department
- Responsible for effectively developing agronomic technologies, monitoring the implementation and advising on the correct intervention with the aim of achieving maximum/optimum sugarcane yields from the fields.
- Carry out the design, layout and analysis of all field experiments.
- Evaluate sugar cane varieties through field experimentation with the aim of developing high sugar yielding varieties
- Certification and Evaluation of Agro inputs procured by the company i.e. fertilizers and herbicides through field experimentation to determine their optimum application rates.
- Draw-up, Monitor and co-ordinate all soil and crop activities in the commercial fields, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Co-ordinate the establishment of seed cane nurseries to ensure availability of high quality seed cane
- Audit sugarcane production operations at SSCL and other Sugar Estate and out growers to ensure adherence to Company set standards.
- Monitor, Collate and provide meteorological data for planning and scheduling of sugarcane production operations and records.
- Monitor quality of cane being delivered to the factory first expressed juice and make recommendations to management
- Assist in the supervision of the main weather/rain gauge stations.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly quarterly and annual Agronomy reports for Management
- A Bachelors Degree in Agriculture/soil science or a related discipline
- A Masters Degree in Agronomy or Soil Science/ related professional qualification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ experience, with at least 10 years’ experience in the sugar industry cane productivity and quality improvement, introducing high yielding cane varieties, sugar cane pest management is desirable.
- Good organizational skills, ability to execute multi-task priorities efficiently and work productively in a fast paced team-oriented environment
- The candidate must be Sell-motivated, with Strong interpersonal skills, and Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail, commercially aware and ability to work with little or no supervision
The remuneration for all positions are very competitive, and in line with the Nigerian food and beverage industry standards. The right candidates will have the opportunity to work in one of the leading conglomerates in Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] with position being applied for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.