NRC is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Location: Maiduguri
Educational Qualification: Degree in Accounting or related field
Years of Experience: At least 2 years of experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO)
- Experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Professional qualification ICAN, ACCA will be an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Relevant experience in Finance and knowledge in Microsoft Office and accounting software (Agressor).
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Organised and a good planner and possess significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Maiduguri
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
Job Specification(s): Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbook and guidelines.
- Ensure proper filling of document
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box
- Maintain up to date records, project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Facilitate and assist finance Officer to perform cash and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure an effective filling system such that the files are updated, complete and safe guarded.
- Assist Finance Officer to prepare and develop reports as required by management
- Establish good and considerate working relationship with all staff within the programs, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done
- Assist Finance Officer in tracking advance and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time.
- Any other duties that may arise to support NRC’s goals and objectives
Apply Before: 24th July, 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. The title of the position (Finance Assistant – Maduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.