Capricorn Digital Limited is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- BA / BSc in Economics, Engineering, Law, Accounting or Finance (2:1 and above)
- MBA, Masters or Post Graduate degree in Finance, Strategy or Economics (International degrees are highly desirable)
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
Years of Experience: 8+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in a Prominent Accounting Firm or FMCG, Payment Solution, Telecommunication, ICT industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Strong experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, variance analysis, managerial finance, financial statements, financial modelling, strategic planning and financial forecasting and corporate finance
Other Skills and Abilities
PC proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, Google and ERP accounting application is essential.
Job Specification(s): The Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Finance will have primary responsibility of planning, directing, implementing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community.
This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, direct and manage processes for treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organisation
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Analyse, consolidate and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine report
- Direct and analyse studies of general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business partnering opportunities.
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance department and that all related staff are well trained, developed, regularly performance appraised and motivated to perform their duties on a daily basis.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive financial ERP application system necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Coordinate tax reporting programs and investor relations activities
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Appraise the organisation’s financial position and issue periodic reports on organisation’s financial stability, liquidity and growth
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.