Preston Health Care Consulting Limited seeks to recruit this key position to facilitate the progress of ongoing projects, mainly in the North West Nigeria in the capacities below:
- Program Officer
- Program Coordinator
- Knowledge Management Officer (KMO)
- Finance Manager
- Admin Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Business Development Officer
Program Officer Job Vacancy at Preston Health Care
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer (PO) supports the Programme Coordinator by performing duties related to planning, executing and monitoring the programmatic content, quality, timeliness and operational activities of assigned projects, as an individual or part of a larger team.
In order to excel in the job, a Program Officer must:
- Have good problem solving skills, be resourceful and take the initiative when needed.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of the technical requirements of health development project management assigned as well as the structure and functionality of the unit.
- Be able to work independently and to be organized in their work to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Have excellent communication skills and be professional when dealing with all aspects of assigned projects, including client management.
- Contributes to proposals, including conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and budgetary aspects
- Contributes to reports, including conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and budgetary aspects
- Participates as part of a team to study protocol design, tool development, data collection and data analysis
- Participates in the preparation of contracts and grant letters, material purchases, travel arrangements, adjustment of budgets and milestone schedules, and project closures
- Facilitates and contributes to writing, editing, and publishing research results, workshops, literature searches, identification and administration of resource persons/consultants in support of projects
- Directly report to the Programme Coordinator
- Supervisees – None
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in health development
- A degree in Social sciences or health related field (MPH or Masters in Development studies will be an added advantage)
- Strong technical skills and content in at least one of the following: Health Systems Development, HIV/AIDS, Malaria and/or Nutrition
- Knowledge of program management and basic research methodology
- Demonstrable skill in the use of word processors (MSWord, and PowerPoint); experience working with data bases and statistical software packages strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented
- approach with diverse groups of people
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-task and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative and perform under intense pressure.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Application Closing Date
5pm 22nd July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and an updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.