MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Trade Marketing Officer
Job Location: Port Harcourt
Educational Qualification: BA, BArch, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech, HND or LLB
Years of Experience: 0-2 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
• Fluent in English
• Experience working in a small to medium organization
• On the job training and exposure
• Industry conferences
• Basic GSM
• Basic Telecommunication Fundamentals
• Merchandising Training
• In-depth Handset training
• Customer care
• Coaching for results
• To manage and develop the channels of distribution especially retailers to ensure MTN dominance at retail within assigned territory
• Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
• Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
• Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
• Manage stock in channel and provide appropriate reports by directing outlets with stock challenges to identified Trade Partners to ensure there is no stock out within assigned territories
• Manage stock in channel and obtain/ record info on stocking from ALL visited outlets in territory (where from, when, price, where to & why still pending >30days) and report weekly / monthly.
• Increase sales of VTU uptake /adoption and product penetration in developing markets through aggressive market activations especially on specific market days
• Ensure call cycle time of 20 visit a day per territory or as business requires
• Ensure weekly / monthly database update
• Ensure MTN product availability in channel is >95% at all times and provide weekly product availability report of all visited outlets during call cycles
• Ensure information from Distributor Account Executive on Trade Partners product distribution is confirmed and relevant Sub Dealers followed up and provide weekly / monthly report
• Resolve all issues/queries with regards to activations, products and promotions
• Provide Informal training in shops on products, services and promotions being run by marketing, channel or region and on the spot training/coaching of all visited outlets in territory (100% of all visited outlets in call cycle)
• Identify new retail opportunities in developing markets, motivate for network coverage where necessary
• Provide weekly/monthly sales activity report, market intelligence report and initial report to Field Service Engineers on state of network in territory
• Manage Brand Visibility within the rural space while supporting all identified outlets with 100% merchandizing/POS as appropriate.
• Manage and deepen penetration into HORECA (Hotels, Restaurants, Cafes) outlets
• Focus on management of DYA retail agents while the TMCs manage the Super agents
• Direct all channel participants to MTN identified growth area within your territory
• Establish consistent channel standards including branding as per channel recommendation.
• Increase brand awareness – Signage, POS distribution and target 65% visibility in the channel of distribution (Trade marketing team will measure)
• Support all identified outlets with 100% merchandizing as appropriate and defined
• Manage stock in channel and provide appropriate reports as follows:
o Advice RSMs if there is need for focussed activity in territory to help move stock – As appropriate
o Provide training on site to Increase product knowledge
o Ensure MTN product availability in channel is >95% at all times and provide weekly product availability report of all visited outlets during call cycles
o Follow up with product availability at Trade partners’ Point of presence and provide weekly / monthly report
o Ensure all visited outlets give info on where, when, price etc of products and provide weekly report
o Query all products in channel older than 30 days from date of purchase and make report to the business on all such stock weekly
o Target 65% space within each outlet (Trade marketing team will measure)
o Support all identified outlets with 100% merchandizing as appropriate and defined.
o Ensure 100% POS Distribution to all channels of distribution within 14 days of release
o Ensure 100% replacement of expired, damaged or obsolete materials within territory and 100% removal of obsolete materials and messages
o Obtain info on stocking from ALL visited outlets in territory (where from, when, price, where to & why still pending >30days) – Record and report weekly / monthly.
o Ensure collaboration between sub subs, retailers etc to TPs and help nurture the relationship and increase RRP
o Confirm that sub dealers and dealer branches are contacted and stock receipt / movement verified – Produce weekly report
o Ensure areas in your territory without adequate TP point of presence is filled by encouraging TP to open up points
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Open plan office
Apply Before: 21st July 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply