IITA seeks suitable candidates for the job positions below:
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Communication Officer
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job Vacancy at IITA
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Lead in the design and implementation of the M&E country strategy in close collaboration with the global senior monitoring specialist;
- Lead the development and regular review of the country level Theory of Change (ToC) to ensure that it is actively used to inform program delivery strategy and evaluations;
- Develop the country specific monitoring framework using the global framework and prepare and submit M&E inputs as per the Results Framework
- Plan and facilitate progress review and reflection platforms;
- Assist country program units to develop specific results frameworks for annual business plans;
- Prepare periodic reports to meet management and donor reporting requirements;
- Coordinate data collection across the various functions within the country program for global reporting;
- Adopt and implement global Mal M&E capacity building strategy at country staff and implementing partner level
- Attend, participate and provide necessary input to national and international M&E workshops and trainings;
- Any other M&E related duties as assigned by the Country Manager and/or Senior MLE specialist;
- Identify program specific indicators for program monitoring and develop monitoring tools to track program implementation;
- Lead the development and operation of the country program databases
- Lead in the design and implementation of monitoring sample surveys;
- Lead the development of annual M&E work plan and budget;
- Establish baseline values for selected indicators;
- Collect monitoring data from implementing partners, analyze and share results with relevant stakeholders;
- Adopt and implement global M&E data quality guidelines at country level to ensure high data quality;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture or related field with at least Seven (7) years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining M&E systems in the agricultural sector.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in managing quantitative and qualitative data and analyzing it using spreadsheets software such as Excel, SPSS,CSPro, and Stata.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with advanced written and verbal communication skills in English and other local Nigerian languages.
- Valid driver’s licence acquired no less than two years ago.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Excellent team playing skills with the ability to also work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated success in working in multidisciplinary teams and partnerships in a collaborative research work.
- Ability to travel to program sites to monitor M&E implementation process and maintain quality control.
- Excellent leadership, training and facilitation skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline 20th July, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.