An ultra modern state-of-the-art tank farm Oil and Gas depot located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, requires the services of:
Job Title: Transportation Manager
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The ideal candidate must be holders of a good Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering
- An MBA degree will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: At least eight years cognate experience in managing fleet of trucks in the oil and gas industry, three of which must be at management level.
- Age range: 30 – 40 years
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
- Knowledgeable in all process compliance areas including; Legislative, Productivity, Quality, safety and Service delivery.
- Full understanding of Transport Operational Systems.
- Able to work diplomatically in a unionized environment.
- Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
- Strong technical background that will aid accurate diagnosis of vehicle problems for quick resolutions
- Able to multiply tasks at different levels.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Man management skills.
- Transport operations, Staff appraisals, Eye for details, Safety compliance, Planning and
- Scheduling, Vehicle maintenance, Route/Itinerary planning, People management.
The remuneration attached to this position is excellent but negotiable, above industry average and able to attract and motivate the right candidate.
- We require an energetic, innovative and dynamic Transport Manager with a proven track record in managing a highly competitive commercial operation in a fast paced oil and gas environment.
- This candidate will lead and motivate the entire transport team and be responsible for looking after all vehicles in the fleet which run on a 24 hour basis.
- He/she will therefore be on call at irregular hours and at weekends to deal with any urgent matters arising.
- The ideal candidate should easily demonstrate experience of effectively running a successful transport function in a high pressure environment and will be responsible for the transport and distribution operations and also for providing excellent standards of service, safety, efficiency and performance through outstanding people management skills.
- In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
- Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles.
- Maintaining accurate vehicle administrative records.
- Organizing regular vehicle checks.
- Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities.
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
- Appraising staff performance and also recommending disciplinary measures whenever required
- Responsible for all vehicle accident investigations.
- Supervise schedules of truck loading, movements, drivers’ activities, and maintain log books for all company vehicles.
- Responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery vehicles.
- Ensuring company compliance with all Government transport policies, legislation and procedures
- Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers and line managers.
- Initiating all vehicle maintenance activities in conjunction with maintenance manager to meet safety, service reliability, scheduling and monetary budgets.
- Engage in the induction and training of all new staff and retraining of existing ones.
- Regularly liaising with the logistics manager to ensure a smooth running of both departments.
Apply Before: 19th July, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.