The International Rescue Committee is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: University degree (statistics, social science, public health, development economics, or a related discipline)
Years of Experience: Minimum four (4) years of international experience within the development / humanitarian sector, at least 2 of which are at management level preferably in Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others;
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian accountability principles and their translation into practice;
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills;
- Excellent database, data management and data analysis skills, with experience using at least 2 software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SPSS, STATA;
- Previous experience with electronic/mobile data collection (Magpi, CommCare,) and GIS mapping preferred;
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose and values
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with multi-sectorial and multi-donor funded programs and experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring;
- The M&E Coordinator is an unaccompanied position and will be based in Maiduguri field Office, North East Nigeria and accommodation is in shared-housing.
With direct management support from Deputy Director of Programs and technical support from the Regional Measurement Action Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will ensure that the IRC Nigeria country program implements the monitoring and evaluation commitments as set out in its Strategic Action Plan –SAP 2020. Core to that the M&E focal person will be ensuring that suitable monitoring and evaluation systems are in place, implemented as intended, and reporting in a comprehensive and timely manner to facilitate program coordinators and managers deliver programs that achieve the desired outcomes /impacts.
Technically support IRC Nigeria to meet standards set out in Strategic Action Plan (SAP 2020) and IRC’s global Monitoring for Action (MfA) initiative for improving monitoring practice and use of data within the organization, including through:
Strengthening outcome / program / sector M&E:
- Responsible for providing technical oversight & support for establishment and maintenance of routine monitoring systems, presentation of findings and building related staff competencies
- Work with project and support staff to ensure that project design in proposals is logically sound, beneficiary-informed and contextually appropriate, based on learning from previous projects and technical best practice, and includes a Theory of Change and SMART log frame (with IRC core indicators and enabling assessment of project progress, quality, outcomes, and if relevant impact).
- Responsible for ensuring that detailed and feasible project monitoring plans are developed that: i) provide an indicator matrix, ii) map M&E roles and responsibilities of project and support staff, iii) consider ethical and safe collection and storage of data, iv) consider data quality audits, v) consider storing, protecting and sharing project documents, and vi) consider the end of project learning review.
- Work with project and support staff to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods will be used to ensure their adequacy and appropriateness.
- Work with project and support staff to ensure that monitoring activities are adequately resourced, with sufficient project and support staff and adequate budget.
- Work with project and support staff to ensure that the project work plan includes monitoring activities (or that a stand-alone monitoring work plan is in place), is up-to date and progress tracked.
- Responsible for conducting data quality audits of projects & programs to identify and resolve systemic problems affecting data quality, and documenting and storing findings in project files on Box.
- Assist in conducting regular analysis and action planning meetings to (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring further attention; (3) define action needed and assign responsibility and deadlines,
- Work with project and support staff to track progress on action points related to implementation and M&E activities.
- Work with project and support staff to provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- Work with project and support staff to share reports written during project implementation with donors and other stakeholders and upload them to project files.
- Work with project and support staff to develop, translate, pilot and finalize data collection tools as needed.
- Work with project and support staff to establish project/program databases &/or tracking sheets, &/or set up in the data platform (COMET).
- Assist in training of staff in data collection methods, management, analysis and action techniques.
- Work with project and support staff to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases &/or tracking sheets, &/or the data platform on a regular basis.
- Responsible for providing consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives and ensure data quality.
Technical oversight and support for surveys, assessments and other discrete learning activities, and building related staff competencies:
- Work with project and support staff to develop the TORs for needs assessments and surveys.
- Work with project and support staff to develop detailed work plans and budgets for needs assessment and survey activities.
- Responsible for conducting advanced analysis (inferential statistics) of needs assessment and survey data.
- Provide the M&E inputs for needs assessment and survey report writing.
- Provides inputs from survey and assessment data for tracking of overall progress on projects, programs and strategic priorities
- Assist in recruitment of enumerators & HR onboarding.
- Assist in selecting respondents following predefined sampling strategy.
- Work with project and support staff to clean and conduct descriptive analysis of needs assessment and survey data.
- Assist in conducting and documenting end of project learning reviews, and sharing lessons learned and best practices, incorporating these into new project designs.
- Responsible for establishing overall country program core indicator tracking sheets &/or dashboards.
- Responsible for establishing cross-sectorial approaches to monitoring (for example for activities being undertaken by more than one sector, or beneficiary counting).
- Assist in completing quarterly Monitoring for Action project assessments and identifying projects in need of targeted support.
- Assist in identifying, documenting, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- Strengthening Country program M&E
- Responsible for compiling routine data across sites and for cross-cutting strategic objectives (safety and power)
Establishing cross-cutting M&E systems:
- Responsible for providing technical oversight and leadership for cross-cutting thematic M&E (such as trainings and sensitizations beneficiary accountability mechanisms and establishing coherent approaches to beneficiary counting)
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply