MainOne Cable Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Senior Manager, Network Operations
- Managed Security Business Analyst
- Network Access Project Manager
- IP Planning Engineer
Senior Manager, Network Operations Job Vacancy at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Job Title: Senior Manager, Network Operations
Reporting Line: CTO
- To be responsible for the efficient running of the Network Operations in its prime role of providing operational and maintenance support for the Main One Network & Data Center (‘Main One’) and its interfaces with interconnecting transmission facilities.
His specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Ensure network availability of 99.99 %.
- Ensure world class network performance monitoring and that system/component/service outages are escalated within set or agreed timelines.
- Manage, coordinate and support network performance management systems for delivery on required network service levels. In addition, effectively implement an end-to-end fault management process companywide, ensuring that network mean time to repair (MTTR) is within agreed objectives.
- Ensure the location of any fault occurring on the network is determined, diagnosed, and rectified by instigating and monitoring the necessary fault remedial activity.
- Work with engineering teams to formulate, test and implement restoration plans for use in the event of network outages.
- Formulate preventive equipment maintenance plans for the different elements that make up the Main One Network.
- Maintain all network, customer and process documentation, including but not limited to design documents, AS-built documents, network availability, and spares holding location and availability.
- Have efficient and documented routines/ procedures with all concerned parties like infrastructure providers, connectivity providers, vendors, contractors, implementation and engineering/planning teams.
- Provide relevant information for billing capacity utilisation, network O&M costs, SLA credits etc.
- Coordinate the daily operational activities as performed by the various Cable Station managers and their staff and ensure that each Cable Station Manager is aware of the status of the system at all times.
- Ensure the surveillance, organization and motivation of all the team members of the Network Operations team.
- Establish, implement and continuously update the quality procedures and processes for the Network Operations.
- Prepare annual budgetary plans for the Network Operations team comprising of GNOC, Field Operations, Operations Support & PoP Facility Management.
- Provide the CTO with reports of Network Operations performance on a scheduled basis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/ Electronic Engineering or a related course.
- Minimum of 12 years work experience with 8 years in Operations and Maintenance field, managing NOC environments preferably for a large ISP, telecommunications or data centre company.
- Great working knowledge and hands on experience with SDH, DWDM, MPLS, TCP/IP based network technologies and solutions
- Formal knowledge in Network transmission technologies with advanced network management systems.
- Very good research & writing skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Strategic thinking, problem solving and team management skills.
- Result orientation; strong commitment to provide top-rate service to internal and external customers.
- Leadership and self-management skills.
- Relationship Management.
- Excellent listening, judgement and communication skills.
- Very good planning and organization skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Senior Manager, Network Operations”
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.