Microsoft Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Solutions Architect – Data Insight
Job Location: Lagos
Languages: French speaking is a plus
Educational Qualification: The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience providing solution architecture and consulting.
- Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. For this specific position, up to 50% travel time is expected within MEA Region, requiring proximity to a large Airport. Public Sector experience and French speaking are a plus.
- The compensation plan would include a mix of UBI and CBI.
- Microsoft Services is looking for an Area Solutions Architect who has a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen.
- The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology is also a must. Area Solutions Architects are key enablers for Sales and delivery-partner staff.
- They manage the early lifecycle (0 to 20%) and shaping of large and complex projects working with the Services Account Aligned teams (SSSP, SE, SSM, EA). Solutions Architects have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
- The Area Solutions Architect applies advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of solutions design to conceptualize, shape, and define appropriate customer solutions.
- To be credible he or she must have current and deep experience with implementation of large systems. Area Solutions Architects are expected to maintain effective product group relationships. Understanding of competitive technology enables the Architect to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on, non-Microsoft platforms.
- Expert level knowledge and real-world experience in large-scale application development and cloud infrastructure solutions is a requirement. This role also requires assisting customers in architecting and planning solutions enabled by our Microsoft cloud platform as appropriate. A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Proven experience delivering complex application development and cloud modernization projects using Microsoft technology
- Drive large and complex solution opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well a presentation skills to excite our customer about Microsoft Solutions using Business Outcome Selling Framework
- Ability to engage in executive and senior-level technology discussions.
- Ability to design, create and deliver solution frameworks
- Experience giving presentations to executive audiences and explaining the benefits of the platform over competitors
- Experience in consulting pre-sales activities
- Provide oversight for Architect-related functions across multiple projects
- Passion for driving globally executed Integration projects by working with geographically-disparate teams
- Mentor architects and sales professionals across multiple Accounts
- Drive and facilitate workshops aligning customer vision and enabling technology solutions
- The candidate will also be asked to be a subject matter expert (SME) within our technical community assisting with community efforts, helping further develop skills of teams focused on pre-sales of technology solutions.
- The Area Solutions Architect helps customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. To accomplish this, Architects must be effective in fostering executive level relationships.
- They also play a key role in employing and developing partners as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model. Area Solutions Architects help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of scope. In some cases, Area Solutions Architects will also assist in closing contract negotiations based on relationships built during pre-sales activities.
On an average, the Area Solution Architect will spread his time in the following activities:
- 15% Demand generation workshops during internal and external Services and EPG events, alignment with Account teams on Accounts Business priorities. Present portfolio of Solutions, Services Offerings and Industry experience, driving Innovation and Ideation.
- 50% on Lead Qualification from 10% to 20% Sales stage to align on approach, qualify customer business expectations, translate requirements into Solutions, size overall deal and establish the liaison with other Teams in Services Domains
- 10% on Opportunity Development (40% to 80% Sales Cycle) for large and complex deals to maintain customer relationship and alignment with initial expected business outcomes to close the deal.
- 25% Delivery engagements of assessments and vision scope that will lead to more accurate scoping and assumptions of projects opportunities. Quality Insurance of some key projects to ensure delivered solutions are meeting expected business outcomes.
The Area Solutions Architect must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. This experience will be used to help shape opportunities/solutions. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
The Area Solution Architect should have broad knowledge of Microsoft Solution across all Domains and Solutions including Infrastructure, Security, Data Insights, Modern Applications, Business productivity or Dynamics. For this specific position, the candidate should have deep technical expertise and proven experiences on at least the below solutions:
- Data Insights including SQL Server, Big Data, Hadoop, Azure Analytics (Stream analytics, Machine Learning, HD Insights, APS& Cloud DW, PowerBI, Cortana Analytics
- Internet of Things including Devices, Smart Buildings, Data Stream.
- Integration of large & Complex solution such as e-government Services, Integration with third party solutions on large scale environments
- Modern Apps including .Net Development, Azure Development with all Azure Services (App Fabric, Micro-services, Azure Storage…)
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply