Danish Refugee Council is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- Professional background in protection psychosocial support and protection of internally displaced persons and/or refugees
- · University degree on Psychosocial field or equivalent
Years of Experience: Minimum of 3-years of psychosocial support experience within the field of migrant/IDP protection, with experience in complex emergencies
· Striving for excellence: Ability to focus on reaching results while ensuring efficiency. Strive to produce accurate, thorough and professional work with optimal use of time and effort.
· Collaborating: Excellent in cooperating with and involve relevant parties, actively seeking their opinion and sharing key information with them. Support and trust others while encouraging feedback.
· Taking the lead: Ability to take ownership and prioritize job according to DRC’s overall vision and goals. Take the initiative when confronted with a challenge or an opportunity and aim for innovative solutions.
· Communicating: Excellent in writing and speaking effectively and honestly while adjusting style and tone to the situation. Listening actively to others and involve them in the dialogue.
· Demonstrating integrity: Act in line with DRC’s vison, values and collaboration standards. Encourage inclusion and diversity to ensure sustainable solutions. Actively involve, respect and empower stakeholders.
- · Proven track-record in understanding International Law and Humanitarian Principles
- · Proven experience with implementation of operations in very insecure environments
- · Strong coordination and advocacy skills
- · Strong, creative problem-solving skills
- · Flexibility to work in a diverse multicultural team with due respect for diverse culture and norms
- · Proven ability to live and work in an unstable, insecure environment.
- · Excellent professional written and oral English language skills. French language is an advantage
- · Experience with emergency protection monitoring, documentation & analysis of protection data, protection training and advocacy, Gender-based violence, child protection and set up of community protection networks
- · Demonstrated aptitude in project design, management and implementation
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with different stakeholders
Availability: September 2016
Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travel to other field locations according to the needs
Contract: One year with a possibility of extension, subject to funding.
Contract: Level A15
Salary and conditions in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates;
This is a Non Family Duty post.
The Psychosocial Manager will have the overall responsibility of leading, coordinating, implementing and reporting DRC psychosocial activities in North East Nigeria and ensure proper integration within the overall DRC protection, livelihood and emergency programs and activities.
The Psychosocial Manager will play a central role in building relationships with key humanitarian partners. He/She will be directly supervised by the Protection Manager in North East Nigeria. He/she will directly supervise a 4/5 members team of psychosocial national workers
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Strategy & Design:
- · Develop, coordinate, plan, implement, monitor and report on DRC’s Psychosocial Support activities within the Protection Program interventions in North East Nigeria, in camp and off camp conflict-affected IDPs and Host Communities, as per International best practice standards
- · Lead the PSS Field Team in assessing the situation of psychosocial issues in target communities and identify problems/gaps and propose/prioritize timely practical actions to respond to particular psychosocial problems
- · Lead rapid assessment in case of emergency as a result of new displacements of people in the area of responsibility
- · Ensure the integration and mainstreaming of psychosocial intervention within the overall protection, livelihood, emergency programs, applying a community based approach, in line with international standards
- · Provide peer coaching to other staffs through psychosocial awareness so that they consider psychosocial issues in the deliverables of their projects to the beneficiaries.
- · Work in close coordination with key UN, national and international stakeholders at the State level to ensure proper networking, coordination and to support the management of the relevant Working Group.
- · Contribute to building the capacity of the Government and other relevant Working Group members to create a stronger protection environment and to prepare for future emergency responses
- · Explore new business and partnerships and work closely with the Protection Manager / Head of Programs to develop quality proposals, concept notes and budgets, ensuring that all new budgets accurately reflect program activities and required staffing levels.
- · Promote and adopt standardized methods, tools and formats for common use in monitoring trends, activities and outcomes in support of strategic decision-making
- · Develop concrete community based initiatives to reduce these risks and specific strategies to build upon assets within the population
- · Ensure that protection information is used effectively to advocate on important issues as well as longer term planning for target populations
- · In coordination with the protection manager, ensure the delivery of Individual Protection Assistance packages to most vulnerable individuals identified within the psychosocial activities
- · Develop training materials on psychosocial intervention, including reporting and referrals, and train and supervise field based staff
Monitoring and Reporting:
- · Responsible to ensure that Psychosocial activities meet stated objectives within the timeframe, with specific attention to ensuring quality interventions.
- · Monitor financial spending and budgets for all psychosocial activities in North East Nigeria
- · Ensure that quality assurance systems are developed and applied, with particular reference to the HAP Standard and Age Gender and Diversity throughout the program
- · Ensure that DRC Psychosocial programmes are implemented in accordance with DRC standard regulations and operational procedures ( eg Code of Conduct, HAP Principles, DRC Assistance Framework, DRC Programme Handbook)
- · Recruit, coach and mentor psychosocial staff
- · Ensure the roll out of regular staff trainings and refresher sessions to maintain a high standard of capacity among the protection field teams in all areas.
- · Set clear objectives for the psychosocial team and do timely performance evaluations
Coordination & Representation:
- · Represent the DRC psychosocial program at the Protection Sector Working Group meeting (PSWG), Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV), Child Protection Working Group (CPWG) and other relevant forums for protection advocacy.
- · Promote improved understanding of protection issues among all relevant stakeholders and ensure the observance of international protection and humanitarian law standards
- · Coordinate with the Protection Manager to forge connections with key government agencies
- · Represent DRC in high level and strategic meetings involving psychosocial actors, UN agencies and the Government
- · Identify core advocacy concerns in relation to PSS and participate in advocacy initiatives
- · Coordinate with Government authorities, UN agencies, INGOs, local partners and other key stakeholders on the provision of psychosocial for IDPs and relevant contingency planning
- · Work closely with other agencies to implement common psychosocial intervention standards in North East Nigeria and develop common strategies and responses, notably through supporting and participating in coordination meetings
- · Daily aware and involved in the security situation and ensure communication with the programs staff and Safety Advisor;
- · Responsible to understand and able to implement the security rules
Apply Before: 7/21/2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply