Chemonics International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
Years of Experience: At least 3-5 years experience in an Accounting position.
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, bank and tax officials, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community
- Experience with donors and USAID is preferred
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Excel, Word and other accounting software packages.
- Knowledge of payroll and tax issues
Job Specification(s): Duration of Assignment: 6 months with the option of an extending.
Reporting Requirements: The Accountant shall be supervised by the Finance Manager.
- The Accountant is responsible for providing effective financial support to the project ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will assist with entering of local transactions in the accounting software, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, monitonrig receivables and payables, ensuring compliance within the satellite offices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Review local expense reports for compliance with USAID and Federal Travel regulations before reimbursement.
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and maintain a good system of records.
- Assist/deputize for the Finance Manager on daily accounting work of the project as needed.
- Produce work products in conformity with the project and clients’ standards.
- Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, the culture, values, and practices, and the specific scope and nature of the project.
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
- Contribute to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, and accepting and giving constructive feedback,
- * Coordinate with the bank for information regarding balance account, bank statements, exchange rates, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager and Finance Assistant to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Prepare letter of credit draw-down requests through the grants fund, and support the booking and tracking of in-kind grants payments.
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are property coded.
- Prepare wire transfer requests.
- Prepare and issue payroll checks for local staff.
- Ensure remittances are made to appropriate authorities.
- Prepare other ad-hoc financial reports as may be required.
- Undertake other duties as assigned
Apply Before: 5th July, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter, updated CV’s and the name and contact information for three recent professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidate should include “Accountant” in the subject line.
- Only finalists will be contacted. Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.