Workforce Management Centre Limited – Our client, a reputable Food production company, is currently seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Buyer
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management or other relevant area.
Years of Experience: 5+ years’ experience in Purchasing, Engineering, or Operations in a Manufacturing environment. Specific experience in purchasing or engineering of tooling and/or automation equipment a plus.
- Strong technical acumen with knowledge of component manufacturing and assembly processes; ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a support/service capacity as well as individually in a project leader role.
- Negotiation, problem solving and financial analysis skills.
- Background using SAP and all Microsoft Office products.
- Responsible for managing the procurement, ordering, supplier relationship management in the Technical procurement spend pool for the entire company and maintains all stock of technical spares at established optimal levels.
- Responsible for materials marketing intelligence, formulation of buying strategy, supplier selection and relationship management as well as buying negotiation and management of purchasing process.
- Receives purchase requests for processing into purchase orders and tracks the activity to ensure an on time quality delivery.
- Procures raw materials for tooling and machine builds.
- Processes orders and updates material delivery status through SAP
- Evaluates, selects and negotiates with appropriate suppliers based on supplier capacities, capabilities, cost and quality.
- Maintains and develops new suppliers.
- Maintains accurate and complete records related to all purchasing and supporting activities.
- Acts as a Leader for project sourcing to include scheduling and adherence to budget.
- Ensures suppliers adhere to prescribed work and delivery schedules.
- Utilizes sound negotiation and value analysis skills to reduce overall procurement costs
- Works directly with the project team (operations, engineering, and program management) to ensure suppliers understand company requirements and can deliver as needed. Reports status to the team and provides solutions to delivery and/or quality issues.
Apply Before: 7th July, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Please indicate the position for which you are applying for in the subject line