Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Dockmaster (Shipyard)
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: A graduate
Years of Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience as a shipyard manager or other management level responsibilities in a heavy steel manufacturing environment, Oil & Gas background.
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives.
- Must be adaptable and open to new ideas.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously.
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard management
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint,
- A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
- Interface with clients, superintendents, class surveyors and owners agents as required for projects.
- Ensure that updated docking plans are maintained for all vessels (electronic and hard copy) and all new enquiries are verified against this list / updated as appropriate. Obtain copies of docking plans for all new vessels if required.
- Prepare blocks as per docking plans and ensure that vessel is in docking condition prior to docking and undocking and check tank contents – if not satisfied then direct the owners to place vessel in the correct condition.
- Dock / undock the vessels carefully and correctly so that no damage is caused to vessels or to the docks either. Maintain control over the tugs when vessel entering or leaving dock.
- Amend the blocks as and when required to complete the project with due regard to vessel stability.
- Project production planning / quality control & reports.
- Analyse sub contractors job quotations / quality and compliance with agreed contract.
- Control all materials and consumables required, effective cost controls on the use of all manpower on the vessel and reduce additional costs / excessive overtime.
- Bringing outstanding items / issues to Management notice in a timely manner.
- Meet agreed annual objectives / targets & produce reports.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed and work towards improvement of the safety culture. Oversee all HSEQ requirements for project in liason with HSEQ manager.
- Ensure vessel specs are complete including obtaining copies of all technical drawings required.
- Schedule work scope for the yard upon arrival of the vessel and prepare all variation work orders for approval.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply