Fund for Peace is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
- Master Degree [or pursuing final year] in the field of Peace Studies, Communications, Public Relations, International Affairs, Political Science or equivalent.
Years of Experience: Not Specified
- Relevant working experience in the field of peace building, early warning and response, program management, public administration, public relations and communications preferable
- The ideal candidate must be based in Abuja and possess excellent diplomatic and communication skills.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent representation and communication skills (oral and written), including cross-cultural skills, media skills, and the ability to deal with counterparts at all political, social and economic levels.
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with ECOWAS mandate, politics and cross-cutting issues
- Ability to think outside the box and pay attention to details
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to speak and write French is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with staff from different nationalities and cultural background
A stipend is provided to cover travel expenses.
- The Fund for Peace (FFP) seeks a dynamic, motivated, and collaborative intern to join its Abuja based team working on conflict early warning and response with the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Directorates.
- Under the direct supervision of the Early Warning Advisor (EWA), the intern will be expected to provide programmatic and administrative support to the USAID funded “REWARD” project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform program management and administrative functions as required, including attending various project stakeholders’ meetings and minutes taking
- Assist in organizing and coordinating events and activities in close consultation with EWA
- Provide logistical support to the overall REWARD team during in-country and field visits
- Assist in conducting campaigns and events for the REWARD project
- Draft email and communication material
- Assist with the preparation and production of reports (Weekly and Monthly)
- Assist in the coordination of outreach activities
Apply Before: 13th July, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should please submit a complete application package consisting of their Cover letter, Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are unable to provide feedback on individual applications