Save the Children is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Job Location: Lagos
- A degree or a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent in Economics or related discipline
Years of Experience: 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics.
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to support CSOs across board by building their capacity.
- Planning skills, including ability to think creatively and set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience in international development
- Experience working with in Systems Strengthening programs to support vulnerable children.
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- To assume a technical role in implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all project activities in Lagos and Cross Rivers States.
- The post will involve coordination with state teams, and in line with USAID reporting requirements, and with SC guidelines and best practices.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Ensure an effective M&E data collection and reporting system with all partners through mentorship, on the job training, site visits and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by all partners.
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal
- Constantly update State team on activities progress
- Provide on-going support to partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent trainings.
- Analyse information about the programme and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in ensuring utmost quality
- Update project database routinely as at when required
- Support monthly data review meetings in States
- Work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to state teams, partners, and communities
- Facilitate the sharing of information obtained with communities, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Apply Before: 30th June, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Kindly state your preferred location clearly in your Application