CS-SUNN is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Director: CS-SUNN/2016/05
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: Minimum of advanced degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition or equivalent with additional training in communication/advocacy.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ cognate experience in a senior leadership role working in development.
• Track record of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
• Strong skills and expertise in planning, financial and budget management as well as people management.
• Good understanding of operational, financial and support services management processes.
• Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
• Commitment to the Scaling up Nutrition movement.
• Proven experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
• Proven experience in program development and good knowledge of donors (including multilateral, institutional & corporates) and context in Nigeria.
• Proven experience managing a crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond.
• Proven experience leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders.
Job Specification(s): Nutrition, Health, Safety, NGO/Non-Profit Project Management
Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS SUNN) is a coalition of civil societies with interest in Nutrition in Nigeria and was launched on 7th August 2014. Its prime objective is to mobilize non-state actors to generate evidence, build capacity, advocate and stimulate communities and stakeholders to scale up nutrition interventions in Nigeria.
• The Project Director will be a member of the CS SUNN steering committee, with shared accountability and vision for Scaling up Nutrition movement in Nigeria.
• S/He will lead the transformation of Scaling up Nutrition’s programming in Nigeria to a new operating model, whilst also delivering all project’s strategy within the country through:
• Delivering quality programmes, including advocacy for Nutrition at all levels in all key relevant sectors
• Serving Steering committee members and the partners of CS-SUNN including our donors /funders
• Guaranteeing a structured growth of the operational platform and managing new opportunities
Key Areas of Accountability:
• As a member of the Steering Committee, contribute to strategic and operational development and delivery of organizational projects and programs in line with the CS SUNN mandate, strategy and theory of change.
• Country Program Development
• Country project /program implementation
• Country Program Representation
• Deliver transformational change at the country and state levels
• Country Office Oversight
Apply Before: Monday 27th June
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and qualifying statements, explaining why they are suitable for the job to the e-mail, stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail: [email protected]
Applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Applications received after the closing date, 12noon on Monday 27th June, 2016, will not be considered.
Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlist candidates will be contacted