Lagos Business School(LBS) seeks to recruit to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Research Fellow
Job Location: Lagos
- At least a PhD Degree or its equivalent preferably in the field of social science and management
- Previous cognate publication in learned journals is a plus
- Relevant professional membership
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of ten years post graduate research experience.
- Demonstration of international research experience.
Other Requirements: TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodology skills
- Sector expertise in telecommunications, power, transport
- Stakeholders management
- Proposal writing skills
- Excellent proficiency in computer usage including statistical package
- Working knowledge of managing funding organizations
Job Specification(s): ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- To be responsible for the general management of the Centre
- To develop projects to strengthen and expand the existing programme of research in CIPRA
- Design and conduct a successful programme of investigation. Present research at national and international conferences and meetings as appropriate
- Publish research output in high quality peer reviewed national and international journals on infrastructure development
- Develop research network locally and internationally in support of the research programmes of the centre. Monitor activities of similar research centres in other institutions and explore areas of collaboration.
- Initiate and contribute to high quality proposals for external research funding of CIPRA programmes.
- Develop and maintain relationship with public and private sector organizations, NGOs etc. aimed at advancing the CIPRA research objectives, attracting funding and capacity building
- Supervise Research Assistants at the centre, facilitate knowledge transfer, coaching and mentoring
- Provide report on assigned responsibilities by the Centre Director and on the activities of the Centre.
- To maintain close liaison with the Director of the Centre to ensure delivery of high quality output to meet the vision of the Centre.
- Schedule meetings and act as secretary of the Advisory Board of the Centre
- To perform other relevant duties that may arise from time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Number of research output
- Number of published work from the centre
- Research funding attracted
- Quality and quantity of collaborations developed
- Feedback from funding organizations and stakeholders
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested candidates should forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants