American University of Nigeria seeks to recruit to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Department: AUN School of Law
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
Educational Qualification: A Master’s degree or good first Degree in Law or related discipline from a recognized University
Years of Experience: A minimum of three years industry experience working as a librarian.
- Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
- Should possess Strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
- Membership of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- This person may also have certain teaching, service, scholarship, and/or other administrative or support responsibilities.
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, creates / implements actions plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Job Specification(s): The Librarian, American University of Nigeria School of Law is charged with the responsibility of overseeing all aspects of library operations, including: budgeting, hiring and supervision of other library staff, strategic planning with respect to the future growth and development of the law library, and initiating and monitoring library programs and services. This person shall ensures that the Law Library’s collection and resources are sufficient to meet the primary goal of supporting the teaching and research needs of the School of Law’s faculty, staff and students, and ensures that the Law Library is in compliance with accreditation standards of the Council of Legal Education and the National Universities Commission, and supports the Library’s relations with the AUN School of Law, the University, library consortia, and professional organizations in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University.
Apply Before: 1st July, 2016
How to Apply: Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to [email protected] before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.