Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Team Leader, Advocacy and Capacity Building
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: At least University degree in Social Sciences. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: At least 4-6 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of advocacy and capacity building program area
- Coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities in accordance with national, state, funding agency and organization’s guidelines and requirements.
- The TLPAC will work directly with the Board Program Committee; Executive Director; Team Leader Service Delivery and Behavior Change Communication; Team Leader, Strategy, Learning, Development and Communications as well as Team Leader, Finance and Admin at management level for the development of strategies, budget and programs. S/He will work with Field Office (State) Program Coordinators and Assistants in the delivery of key tasks.
- The TLPAC will be responsible for directly supervising the Field Office (State) Program Coordinators and Assistants
Key Task and Responsibilities
1.) Plan Advocacy and Capacity Building Programs:
- Serve as the technical lead on advocacy and capacity building programs and activities
- Plan the delivery of the advocacy and capacity building program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support advocacy and capacity building programs
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for advocacy and capacity program
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
2.) Organize the Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- Ensure that advocacy and capacity building program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
3.) Staff Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- In consultation with the Executive Director and HR/Admin Coordinator, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Work with the HR/Admin coordinator to ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and advocacy and capacity building programs
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training on advocacy and capacity building technical areas.
- Work with the HR/Admin coordinator to establish and implement a performance management process for all advocacy and capacity building program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management policies
4.) Lead Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with beneficiaries, partners and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Represent the organization in technical meetings relating to advocacy and capacity building issues.
- Liaise with other Team Leaders to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
5.) Control and Report on Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Work with the Team Leader, Finance and Admin to monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a monthly basis.
- Work with Team Leader, Finance and Admin to manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
Apply Before: 1st August, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: email@example.com with the Job title as the subject of the email