Cradter Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant position below;
Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
- HND/Bachelors degree in mathematics, science, geology or related field and a postgraduate courses may deliver an advantage
Years of Experience: Minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
- The geotechnical engineer should be inquisitive, motivated and dedicated.
- Professional accreditation may also be required.
- Plan and design the structures for buildings, roads, embankments, canals and other construction projects
- He/She will also deal with geological hazards like landslides, soil erosion and, in some extreme conditions, earthquakes.
- Must have a working knowledge of engineering fields like ocean structural engineering, petroleum engineering and material science.
- After analysis, you may be required to assist in the development of earthworks and foundations suitable to the conditions of the site.
- To meet with clients for evaluations of project progress.
- To provide variety of important information to be discussed within the start of the project.
- It involves lots of travel and plenty of strict deadlines as well as working in different weather conditions.
- He/She will have to deal with new equipment and updated safety regulations and other factors.
- Assist collection of soil samples from the project’s intended site, using bores and test pits. Amongst other factors, the analysis will determine the ground’s stress bearing capability and stability.
- To determine whether issues like erosion, settlement and slope will pose a safety risk to the proposed project after researching into soil quality and stress-bearing factors,
- As a geotechnical engineer, you will be required to analyze the results of subsurface investigations and field tests with dedicated software.
- Your ability to understand data and model future conditions will be crucial to the development of the construction project.
Apply Before: 25th July, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate should send their Application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org