American University of Nigeria (AUN) seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- Laundry Supervisor
- Runner/ Steward
- Waiter/ Waitress
- Commis Chef
- Laundry Attendants
Cataloger job vacancy at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
Job Title: Cataloger
Department: Digital Service
Summary of Position
- The cataloger is responsible for the cataloging aspects of preparing new materials to add to the digital services collections.
- This includes retrieving matching bibliographic records for items from the OCLC system and saving and adding them to the Library’s online public catalog. This is done as part of the order process, before items are ordered.
- When ordered materials are received, the cataloging assistant re-checks the bibliographic record against the item in hand, edits the record as necessary, and adds a bar code to the item.
- Also, He shall among others Performs original or copy cataloging of all forms of the digital services department’s resources using the Koha library software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Library or Information Science with three years’ experience in cataloging in a digitalized library setting.
- Technological familiarity with computers, photocopiers, scanners and printers is desired.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Intermediate to expert level competence with MS Office and database applications.
- Dependable and flexible with regard to hours.
- Enthusiasm, energy, accuracy, organization and service-orientation.
- Willingness and ability to learn new library procedures, ability to work independently and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to supervise volunteers.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Experience using Koha and other automated library systems.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to maintain a conducive atmosphere for job productivity and satisfaction where team goals are aligned to meet library objectives.
- Ability to communicate, share, evaluate and measure plans.
- Ability to experiment and take risks and responsibility for outcomes
- Be willing to work hard to identify alternatives to achieve objectives;
- Act to maintain a healthy sense of urgency.
- Strong supervisory and team building skills.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes/CV’s, cover letters and references to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position or PREVIOUS to access the previous vacant position.