ShowMax seeks to recruit to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Content Acquisitions and Planning Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: Appropriate Degree or Post Graduate Degree.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in content acquisitions / distribution (licensing, structuring and drafting pay or free TV agreements).
- International market (acquisitions / distribution) experience will be an advantage.
- Financial management experience.
- Legal experience.
- Negotiating skills
- Practical industry experience (content consumption and viewing trends, content protection/security, media windowing models/strategies – theatrical, VOD, Pay TV, FTV, syndication and home video landscapes).
- The successful candidate will be required to work with the Head of Content to structure and guide the content strategy, acquisitions and planning.
- He or she will be involved in the negotiating and drafting agreements with various content suppliers locally and internationally.
- In addition he or she will facilitate territory specific content operations.
- This position is for someone passionate about the fast-paced and ever changing content and digital space, and who has a love of all things content.
External factors which will influence the work environment taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account:
- Dynamic organization and fast changing environment
- Policies and procedures
- Competitive global business environment
- Regulated environment
- Multi-cultural environment
- Digital media content environment
- Technology, media and telecommunications sector
- Business environment
- Local and international studios and distributors.
- External agencies and production companies.
- Myriad Programming and other group companies.
- Accountable for implementing and updating the approved territory specific content strategy.
- Identify and acquire SVOD relevant and resonant, territory specific content (movies, series and other genres) – in line with approved content strategy.
- Administer and assist with the negotiation of territory specific content deals (independent studios, distributors and local suppliers).
- Closely liaise with local and international content suppliers regarding available current and upcoming content catalogues.
- Regularly analyse content performance and subscriber feedback and make changes accordingly (content acquisitions, content scheduling, and content discovery).
- Research and keep abreast of new content and consumption trends (locally and globally).
Inventory management and content scheduling:
- Effective inventory management and planning – content schedule must maximise negotiated deal terms.
- Administer and request suitable license start dates from suppliers, taking into account volumes, categories and refresh rates for all content.
- Create, implement and sign off on all territory specific content schedules and plans (across platforms).
- Approve and manage all schedule changes.
Budget, inventory management and content scheduling:
- Assist in creating, forecasting and managing budgets across all territory specific content genres.
- Ensure that the required volumes and categories of content have been planned for, and adhered to, in the overall budget.
- Facilitate finance related functions (budget VS. forecast, payment administration etc.)
- Manage all administration specific to the contract and finance.
- Facilitate content operations – ensure content delivered according to required material specifications and manage workflows with suppliers.
- any changes to executed contracts.
- Facilitate and oversee content contract administration.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Manage monthly ad hoc projects, reports and presentations.
- Manage the performance and output of staff through the approved procedures and processes.
- Attend international markets where required.
- Support business with any new developments.
Competencies, Qualities and Attitude
- Extensive local and international content knowledge and passion.
- Understanding and experience of the digital television market (all distribution windows/platforms).
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team.
- Someone who is well organised and has a proven track record in end to end product development and maintenance.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to work under pressure, quickly and accurately.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Flexible working hours required to ensure contact with international suppliers.
- Assertiveness, attention to detail, performance driven, goal orientated, ability to build relationships.
Apply Before: Not Speciified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only candidates who are currently based in Nigeria will be considered.