Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Marine Officer
- Chief Executive Officers (CEO)
Marine Officer job vacancy at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Job Title: Marine Officer Bonga and EA FPSO
Auto req ID: 18107BR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Support export cargo accounting reconciliation, loading, storage, transfer and discharge of crude oil in a safe and efficient manner. Also support the offtake operation in conjunction with the Operations team
- Support production of detailed loading/discharge plans maintaining the vessel’s condition of draft, trim, stress and bending moments within acceptable limits at all times
- Maintain a safe and positive pressure regime in the cargo spaces at all times and ensure tank atmosphere monitoring equipment is available and functioning
- Produce daily stock reports of oil in storage and stock reconciliation after each tanker offtake and assist in the preparation of all documentation associated with the export of crude oil from the installation
- Liaise with external parties, stakeholders and government representatives involved in oil lifting in the EA/Bonga terminals and in all aspects pertaining to offtake operations
- Operate slop tank system, including clean water overboard discharge, in accordance with the installation operating procedures and; operate all tank cleaning equipment and supervise all tank entries and measurements
- Ensure correct operation of the radar system and carry out first line maintenance on all equipment under his control. Also, act as Permit to Work “Area Authority” for all marine systems.
- Assist in preparing cargo, ballast, and slop oil tanks for entry and subsequent return to service when required, including all isolation and cleaning requirements.
- Ensure the Single Point Mooring Buoy and associated equipment is available at all times for crude oil export.
- Assist Marine Supervisor in security matters, relief Port Facility Security officer as required
- Support loading, transfer and discharge of ballast water in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in the utilisation of ballast systems to ensure the installation does not exceed minimum or maximum draft requirements, stress or bending moment parameters.
- Ensure that the deployment, utilisation and recovery of the off-take systems are carried out in a safe and efficient manner also; ensure that sufficient replacement off-take equipment is on board or available to minimise downtime in the event of component failure
- Support the maintenance of the Safety Case and the implementation of the Safety Management System.
- Valid STCW95 Deck Officer Class 2 certificate with tanker endorsement. A Deck Officer Class 3 certificate may be acceptable subject to relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years sea time on tankers and at least 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry.
- Experience in the operation of a crude oil terminal and Single Point Mooring buoys would be an advantage
- GMDSS qualified
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- The incumbent must be prepared to train and become qualified to undertake the duties of a Permit Signatory and System Auditor.
- Knowledge and experience of offshore loading hoses would be an added advantage in ensuring that hose maintenance and maintenance of spare parts is carried out.
- A working knowledge of Terminal working practices is required as well as a good knowledge of marine off take operations and the handling of crude oil and ballast systems, including the use of associated safety systems. Hands-on experience with submerged FRAMO pumping systems and inert gas generators would be a definite advantage.
- The incumbent must have sound experience in man-management. Experience in the field of loading and discharging supply vessels and knowledge of helicopter operations are also desirable
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.