UNOPS is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transition Consultant
Job Location: Abuja
Educational Qualification: University level Degree in relevant Technical subject or equivalent is required. A formal training in Supply Chain Management is desired.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 7 years’ experience of end-to-end Supply Chain principles, practices and processes, including at least 3 years operational Supply Chain experience – for example with a private sector 3PL or 4PL organization, a functional role within an international industrial corporation, within a leading consulting organization, or a credible provider of technical assistance
- Procurement and Supply Chain: Good understanding of processes and practices associated with procurement and supply of goods and services. Knowledge of Supply Chain IT systems and potential benefits.
- Financial Management: monitoring expenditures and using cost-benefit thinking to set priorities;
- Political awareness: Ability to share information with others, generating a common interest and team working dynamics;
- Project Management: good project management skills; ability to gather relevant input, analyze data/facts from appropriate sources; ability to anticipate potential risks, especially those related to misuse of funds;
- Working with Others: Build effective internal and external relationships, involve others to solve problems and treat others with consideration and respect;
- Communication: Good com
In-depth knowledge and credible expert experience of elements of Supply Chain Management including:
- Supply planning and logistics scheduling
- Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS)
- Experience of Supply Chains (systems, stakeholders and networks) in developing countries, especially Africa.
- Inventory control and replenishment management
- Distribution of health commodities
- Transport modes, operations and costing. Vehicle and resource scheduling
- In-depth knowledge and credible expert experience of the following elements of Supply Chain Management
- Warehousing methods including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Knowledge or experience of the Global Fund operations
- Experience of working effectively within project management environment
- Experience as operating as an technical advisor/ consultant
- Knowledge and experience of the Pharmaceutical Sector
- Membership of a recognized professional supply chain organization,
- Demand management and forecasting
- Performance management, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Outsourcing and the management of logistics service providers (3 and 4 PLs) and/or PPP-type arrangements
- An excellent knowledge of English is required for this role.
Contract type, level and duration:
- [Please delete this paragraph and insert here information on the contract type (ICA, staff), the contract level (for example I-ICA 2, P3, Local ICA Support, etc.) and the contract duration (for fixed-term contracts the appropriate wording is usually ‘one year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability’).
Background Information – Job-specific
- Our Client is a consortium of International Health Projects Funding Agencies collaborating with the Federal Ministry of Health and Principal Recipients of the Global Fund in Nigeria. The Consortium intends to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project (N SCIP) Office in Abuja. In this regard, there is need to plan and execute a seamlessly transition from the current “as is” to the new designed integrated supply chain system.
- There will be a period of transition from the programme specific arrangements associated with in-bound supply, transport to warehouses, and ultimate delivery to facilities to the new integrated arrangements. During the transition there will be a hybrid of arrangements in place, and it is important that there is no disruption to patient treatment.
- The Consultant should recognize the need to work on two modes:- Interim relocation of stocks to zonal hubs and the standard which is the deployment of vendors to the regions.
- Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified individuals to fill a need for a “what if planner” to support the transition.
- The current procurement and supply management system is mostly parallel and with a lot of challenges. Efforts are being put in place under the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration project to integrate the supply chains of the different programmes- Malaria, Tuberculosis, HIV, and Reproductive Health & Vaccines where appropriate to make them more effective and efficient.
- There is work underway to ensure effective Federal and State coordination, designing and implementing a warehousing and distribution network with 6 zonal hubs operated with support of private sector, and strengthening of Logistics Management system.
The transition consultant shall support preparation of a detailed transition plan under the guidance of the Transition Coordinator who will represent the Principal Recipients while working hand in hand with the Project Managers of the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project and then execution as follows but not limited to:
- Effectively support Principal Recipients in planning, management, and monitoring of procurement and supply management functions of health commodities procured with The Global Fund resources in Nigeria over the transition period.
- Capture from various existing documents and sources the current information flows and physical supply management arrangements and steps for health commodities procured with Global Fund resources in Nigeria
- Ensure that the current “as is” is maintained in zones that integration is yet to take place (Imo and Gombe Hubs) while transitioning as may be required.
- Provide information and support to the “Contracts Management Team” that will be managing contracts on behalf of stakeholders as may be required
- Propose implementable risk management actions and support follow up on the risk mitigation measures.
- Work in collaboration with the Global Fund’s Capacity Building Service contractors who support the N SCIP
- Perform any other work that may be assigned by the Lead Transition Coordinator, N SCIP Project Managers and National Coordinator of National Products Supply Chain Management Programme.
- Liaise with other Partners in the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project who will be transitioning to the newly designed system and ensure appropriate coordination is in place
- Liaise with Principal Recipients of the Global Fund and the N SCIP Project office to map out detailed options for transition for each disease/programme
- Obtain and analyse the procurement and supply management plans of Principal Recipients – what products are due to be deliver and distributed where and when – and plan inbound shipments to the new zonal warehouses and downstream logistics.
- Develop “what-if” scenarios based on potential changes in dates and/or requirements – e.g. delayed delivery to port; delayed availability of storage space.
- Support distribution planning and re-supply of health commodities
- Review the current 3rd Party Logistics arrangements under each of the Principal Recipients and align them to the new structure of zonal warehouses in Abuja and Lagos
- Review the current 3rd Party Logistics arrangements under each of the Principal Recipients, plan and execute a seamless transition into the new zonal warehousing and distribution contracts to be set up at Cross Rivers and Sokoto hubs; in addition the hubs in Lagos and FCT
Apply Before: 12th June, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualifies candidates should:
Click here to apply
Click Here For more details about the ICA contractual modality.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Mandatory cover letter: Please ensure your application is supported by a one-page cover letter. In your letter please explain clearly the skills, experiences and characteristics that make you especially suited to the advertised role.