Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a manufacturing organization and requires for immediate employment into the vacant position below:
Job Title: Team Assistant (Communications and Account Unit)
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: Graduate in any discipline. A communications or financial background is also an advantage.
Years of Experience: Specific Work experience: 4 – 5 years’ experience in support capacity in a very busy environment. He/she mush have experience managing senior executives as well as office administration and co-ordination. He/She must demonstrate vendor management experience.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Project Management: Able to organise and plan complex initiatives and strong organizational capability.
- Project Management: Must be highly proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Computer skills: Must be highly proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Mobility: Must be able to travel to operational site.
- Time Management: Must have the skills to carry out tasks efficiently and effectively by prioritizing tasks.
- Customer Services: Exemplary customer service skills including the ability to identify needs provide prompt response, and exhibit patience, respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Financial and Analytical skills: Must have the ability to interpret and present data and track departmental spend.
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Able to manage confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong computer Skills especially Excel, word, powerpoint and email applications;
- Experience with vendor management;
Leadership and managerial Abilities:
- Highly organised and methodical;
- Meticulous planning and attention to detail;
- Project Management;
- Personal and Professional Integrity;
- Good Negotiation skills
- Results oriented;
- Pro-active decision making;
- Experience of tracking budgets;
- The Communications & Account Team Assistant provides support to the respective Units by performing a wide variety of responsible, complex, administrative, secretarial, analytical and research duties for the Communications & Account team.
- He/she will also support the Communications Director by effectively and confidentially managing her schedule.
- The role holder will work closely with other colleagues from multiple departments/functions to ensure cross-organisational coherence and effectiveness.
- This role requires leadership qualities such as accountability, adaptability, flexibility and dependability. Much of the work is support driven, and requires a high sense of urgency, independence, initiative and self-discipline.
Main Activities/ Responsibilities
- Perform daily Media scanning and cutting to prepare an Executive Media Summary for Management (all news mentions of the organization in Nigeria as well as industry news).
- Perform daily support to the Account Unit with requisitions from different department for vendor payment etc.
- Preparation of departmental correspondence documents such as briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Process all incoming and out-going mails, file and retrieve corporate documents and reports as well as handling enquiries and requests as appropriate.
- Organising and attending meetings and taking minutes of meetings for circulation.
- Ensure department housekeeping and maintenance including ordering stationery and office equipment.
- Support event branding and coordination (transport corporate branding materials to event location, set up and dismantle).
- Execute administrative duties, service errands and logistic tasks for the department.
- Arrange travel, visas and accommodation for the team.
- Tracking departmental spend against budget by performing a monthly reconciliation with Finance department.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and vendors on behalf of the Communication Function;
- Ensuring supplier registration documentations and invoices are received timely and efficiently
- Supplied items are correctly received and documented
- Ensure a seamless and efficient processing of payments;
- Process all supplier and prompt payments for the department
- Follow- up with purchasing department to ensure the PO process is speedily executed
- Follow-up with Finance department to ensure payments have been made to suppliers
- Keep store count of corporate, gift and promotional items and make reports on usage and reorder levels.
- This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
Apply Before: 14th June, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV’s to: [email protected] using ‘Account Team Assistant’ (Accounting background) or ‘Communications Team Assistant’ (Communications/Media or other background) as subject of mail.
- Candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
- Only applications with either of the subject positions will be opened. Please be guided.