Abt Associates is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant 7 / HFG State Coordinator
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification: First degree in Social Sciences/Biomedical Sciences preferred. Master’s degree in public health or health economics is desirable
Years of Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in public sector management or health sector with government or non-governmental institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that individuals and teams adhere to the highest standards of quality, relevance and timeliness;
- Knowledge about US Government development assistance policy and USAID operational procedures is desirable; and
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Progressive experience of health financing program management in Nigeria is essential;
- Demonstrated project management and leadership capabilities and the ability to lead multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- The 5-year USAID-funded Health Finance and Governance project (HFG) provides technical assistance in health systems strengthening around the world.
- The project addresses the financing, governance, operational, and capacity-building constraints that block access to and use of priority population, health, and nutrition services by people in developing countries.
- In Nigeria, the HFG project is currently working with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to support sustainability and country ownership of Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
- HFG seeks to hire a State Program Coordinator that will provide technical support and coordinate activities in Rivers, a USAID’s PEPFAR priority state.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The HFG State Coordinator/Technical Specialist will coordinate HFG’s activities on resource mobilization at the state level. The areas of work include public financial management (PFM), resource tracking, and advocacy. HFG will support the implementation of state resource mobilization plans, and the HFG coordinator will track progress and intervene where necessary to facilitate and maintain progress against plans. It is anticipated that the person identified for this role will also be able to provide technical support in the area of PFM to the relevant ministries, departments, and agency (MDA) staff responsible for budgeting, financial processes and reporting:
- Coordination of HFG activities in the state (liaising with HIV team in Abuja and Bethesda)
- Responsible for engaging, coordinating and communicating with stakeholders and partners working in mobilizing resources for HIV/AIDS in the State;
- Support Rivers State HIV/AIDS Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) Technical Working Group (TWG) to carry out its core functions including resource mapping, resource tracking and advocacy;
- Support Rivers State health care financing reforms by participating fully in the activitity of Rivers Sate Health Scheme (RSHC) Core Implementation Team (CIT);
- Provide operational and technical support towards design and implementation of HFG health financing activities in Rivers State;
- Relating with and monitor budget officers in the MDAs to facilitate timely budget release to the MDAs and the line ministries;
- Work with the COP to coordinate field activities to ensure timely implementation of planned activities of HFG Nigeria without compromising quality and efficiency; and carry out other activities as requested by the COP.
- Mapping of Public Financial Management (PFM) processes and identifying bottlenecks to adequate allocation and release of funds towards HIV/AIDS response financing in particular and health financing in general;
- Leading/supporting PFM strengthening across central budget MDAs and HIV/health MDAs in Rivers State;
- Conduct a political mapping to identify stakeholders and that can promote budget increase for HIV/AIDS in the State;
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply