Gritwel Toys and Child Stimulation Support Centre is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Child Development Research Specialist
- Earlychildhood / Preschool Educator
- Earlychildhood School/Center Manager
Child Development Research Specialist job vacancy at Gritwel Toys and Child Stimulation Support Centre
Job Title: Child Development Research Specialist
Location: Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos
Reporting line: To the Director of CDRRC at Gritwel Research HQ, in The Netherlands
Start Date: Monday, July 4th, 2016
The responsibilities for this position are categorized as below:
- You will play a lead role in initiating and coordinating observational & scientific research activities on child development at our Earlychildhood centers
- Propose relevant research topics on child development, based on practical observations from day-to-day activities and challenges facing the child development industry. You will Propose at least one research topic every month with a fully written professional academic abstract
- Initiate strategy and methodology to collect research data from daily operations from assigned Earlychildhood centers. Typical types of research data includes Children developmental milestones, Observational video clips on children plays and environment, cognition development etc. Our facility is equipped with advanced multi-media devices for observational studies, and research cameras to capture real-time behaviors of children. All devices are connected to a central observation booth.
- You will complete one full technical research paper / Manuscript (up to 2000 words) every quarter, and publish in a renown and respected child development Journal
- Must make plans to present one technical paper at least once in 2 years in a local or international conference on child development. We will fully sponsor your participation at conferences.
Technical supports to other Business divisions:
- You will provide technical supports and intellectual insights to other education based business subsidiaries in Gritwel group. Such supports could include developing and updating educational curriculums and other technical documents required for day-to-day activities at various centers. You will also give technical advises, and support our education business divisions on technical sales.
Organize conference, Workshops and Technical trainings:
- You will engage in supporting professional development activities of educators which includes organizing training, workshop events and international conference planning on child development and teaching to build a high-performing group of individuals.
- You will establish platforms for interdisciplinary dialogue among global community about child development experience
- Must be at least 25 years of age, and authorized to work in Nigeria.
- Candidate must have a science background and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Psychology etc.
- Candidate must be highly motivated to conduct research studies on child development, with intentions to proceed to obtain Ph.D. degree on Earlychildhood related subjects
- Must possess a working knowledge of Research methods and report writing techniques. Practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and statistical tools (E.g. SPSS) are strongly required.
- Must be able to Plan, organize, coordinate and control large group events and technical meetings.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver oral presentations.
- Personal qualifications as required: Emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities; and Must be reliable, honest, and trustworthy, with good ethical behaviors.
- Must have excellent organizational and leadership skills, with ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Excellent command of English is essential
- Successful experience working in a team setting.
- The normal working hours is from 9am to 5pm, from Monday to Friday. Occasionally training/meeting may be organized for Saturdays.
Type of Contract:
- 6 months. There is an option to extend to a permanent position (based on key performance indications).
NGN 60,000. Holiday allowance will be paid, calculated as 2% of yearly gross salary and will be paid in December.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job title of the job you are applying for as the subject of the mail, including a Motivational letter as part of the email body. Candidate should also attach a passport photograph to their Application.
Application Deadline 31st June, 2016.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.