Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the following job positions at University of Port Harcourt:
- Senior Information Officer
- Chief Procurement Officer
Senior Information Officer job vacancy at University of Port Harcourt
Job Title: Senior Information Officer
Location: Port Harcourt
- The successful candidates will be expected to join the production team of the Information, Publications and Public Relations Unit of the Vice-Chancellor’s Office.
- They would be deployed to the Proofreading Section and should also be ready to take on additional responsibilities as may be assigned to them from time to time.
- In addition to their basic academic qualifications, candidates would also be evaluated on their demonstrated capacity to produce results under pressure.
- The right candidates should possess good honours degrees in Mass Communications, English, Linguistics or Theatre Arts from recognized universities.
- The job is very demanding and may require extra working hours to accomplish each job schedule.
- Candidates must be computer literate and also hold membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and other relevant professional bodies.
- Candidates applying for the job should possess not less than six (6) years post-qualification experience, excellent communication skills and good interpersonal relations, and must demonstrate team spirit in the line of duty.
Conditions of Service
- Salary Grade Level: Successful candidates shall commence their career on CONTISS 09.
- Other condition of service are as applicable in the Federal University system in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should be accompanied with, among others copies of the following documents, ten  copies each:
- First School Leaving Certificate.
- West African School Certificate/Professional Certificates [if any]
- Degree Certificate/HND Certificate
- National Youth Service Corp Certificate/Exemption Certificate
- Birth Certificate of Age.
- Evidence of Training by BPP
- Acceptance of Retirement Letter for those already retired.
Detailed Application/Curriculum Vitae:
University of Port Harcourt,
The envelope should be marked Senior Information Officer or Chief Procurement Officer; for the Attention of the Registrar. Candidates should request their referees to forward three  references on their behalf to the Registrar.
Note: Candidates invited for interview should bring along with them the originals of their credentials.
Click Next to access the next vacant position.