Jhpiego hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position:
Job Title: Senior Maternal Health Advisor
- A medical doctor or any other closely related health care professional; specialization in obstetrics and gynaecology and other health related courses (e.g. MPH, MSC or other relevant degree)will be an advantage
Years of Experience: Minimum of 7 years working experience in the areas of maternal health, family planning, HIV/AIDS; previous experience working on a USG funded project will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing and supervising project’s technical/facility staff;
- Ability to multi-task will be highly desirable;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and fluency in English language, ability to speak a language in the respective project state (Ebonyl or Kogi) will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the FMOH, SMOH structures and functions especially as it relates to MNH is highly desirable:
All staff members of Jhpiego regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
- Participate in the business development processes
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- The Senior Maternal Health (MH) Technical Advisor will be responsible for providing leadership in capacity building and in the technical area of maternal health for the USAID funded MCSP award in Nigeria.
- This five-year award. supports the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria’s Strategic Objective 13, which calls for improved quality-of social sector services; a strengthened enabling environment; and expanded demand for and increased access to services, commodities, and materials to be implemented in two targeted states: Ebonyi and Kogi.
- Provide overall technical vision and guidance in the area of maternal health care
- As a member of the project’s Core Team, provide leadership in MH for the design of annual work plans, monitoring of program activities and ongoing assessment of technical assistance needs
- Collaborate with the State Ministries, Departments and Agencies as well as sub”grantee professional associations to ensure joint planning and coordination where appropriate
- Perform technical reviews of subcontractor scopes of work.
- Work with sub-grantee professional associations to implement maternal and perinatal death review and surveillance (MPDSR) in the project states]
- Collaborate with other project staff to implement operations research projects related to the project
- Support the State Maternal Health officers to implement all project activities in a timely manner, including the biannual MNCH weeks,
- Manage/support subcontractors, subnational institutions, networks, relevant NGOs and professional associations, collaborating organizations, and federal and state governments in Nigeria
- Advise on national and global “best practice” examples and their potential replicability, as well as opportunities for knowledge exchange among country-based institutions and/or individuals.
- Assess technical capacity of pre-service institutions and practicum sites as appropriate and provide technical support for strengthening the institutions.
- Work with the NPHCDA and SPHCDAt0 implement the SOGON led Volunteer Obstetric Scheme (VOS) to provide mentorship to medical officers and nurse/midwives in project supported health facilities
Apply Before: 16th June, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to: [email protected] The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation