FINCA, Owerri, Imo State is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Job Location: Imo
Educational Qualification: A University degree preferably in Finance and Accounting (B.Sc.), Accounting/Finance CIA/CPA/ACCA/ACA qualifications will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: 1-3 years (internal/external audit) experience in a financial institution/ micro finance or banking preferred.
- Good report writing and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Fluency in English required, Igbo or other local language skills strongly desirable.
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country 60%
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and is committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to drive projects from inception to execution stages
Job Specification(s): Duties
Essential Duties Include:
- Carry out affiliate audit work plans.
- Assure that referral of matters and issues which arise from observations are followed up according to the Audit Protocols on a timely basis
- Participate as required in ad hoc reviews and effectiveness evaluations.
- Monitor practice and test controls. Monitor compliance with all policies and procedures
- Provide details and reports of expenses in accordance with Global Audit directives and subsidiary procedures.
- Adhere to FINCA International directives and subsidiary or local procedures that ensure proper administration of human resources.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Subsidiary and Regional Audit Manager and the Audit Committee.
- Participate in emergency reviews and investigations in accordance with the Global Audit guidelines.
- Follow up to ensure findings have been responded to and addressed. Support the Subsidiary Audit Committee as required.
- Collect, document and submit observations concerning fraud to the Audit Manager
- Conduct procedures as part of risk management audits as required
- Accomplish the duties delegated to the Auditors in accordance with the schedule prepared by the Audit Manager.
- For each audit performed the auditor will agree with managers or other audited parties the standards that will be used.
- Contribute to the draft report and summarize issues that are prepared by audit manager
- Implement monitoring and review activities that ensure compliance
- Ensure audit practices in accordance with policy of Subsidiary Audit Committee and Global Audit Office.
Apply Before: 8th June, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply