Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) seeks to recruit to fill the vacant positions below:
- Water Network Design / Rehabilitation Consultant
- ICLA Assistant
- Shelter Team Leader
Water Network Design / Rehabilitation Consultant job vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Job Title: Water Network Design / Rehabilitation Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
- In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC initially started activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. NRC is therefore seeking services of a qualified Water Network Rehabilitation Consultant to carry out water network rehabilitation design in IDP Host community Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) of Borno State with the aim of providing adequate safe and clean water. The Water Network Design / Assessment Consultant reports to the Programme Development Manager – WASH.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the WASH Programme Development Manager, the Water Network rehabilitation Consultant will:
- Assess and Design the existing water network to upgrade and or extend to none reached areas with supervision from NRC and in collaboration with others stakeholders recommended by NRC;
- Prepare Bill of Quantity for the water network rehabilitation in Excel format;
- Supervise the contractor in the water network rehabilitation implementation with NRC staff when applicable during the work load period;
- Prepare the working drawings in AutoCAD or any other CAD format software;
- Modeling the network system on Epanet or waterCaD or any technical software in water supply approved by NRC;
- Prepare progress report and activity report;
- Any other tasks as required by NRC WASH Programme Development Manager.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, Water Resources Engineering and other WASH related courses. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experienced in water network design, upgrading and rehabilitation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization;
- Five-eight years in water reticulation design and implementation
- Advanced knowledge in engineering softwares e.g. CAD, E-panet, WaterCAD, Civil 3D etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Proven capacity to supervise contractors successfully
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Commitment to and understanding of NRC’s vision, mission, core values and humanitarian principles
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 2 Months (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their Application letter and updated CV’s to the following e-mail address: [email protected] The title of the position (Water Network Design /Assessment Consultant – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.