Intersos Humanitarian Organisation is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Mission (HoM)
Job Location: Abuja (with frequent missions in Maiduguri and any others operational bases)
- Advanced university degree. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Years of Experience:
- At least 5 years of professional work experience as Head of Mission or other management/ coordination positions in humanitarian/development contexts.
- Strong experience in project design, monitoring and evaluation, and data collection and analysis is required.
- Experience in humanitarian assistance, e-voucher and nutrition is desirable.
- Proven experience in management of large staff teams.
- Proficient knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of UN system (UNHCR – OCHA – UNICEF – WFP) ECHO and other majors donors.
- Ability to set high standards for quality of work
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Mastery of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from a wide range of sources
- Ability to administrate funds, logistics and human resources
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Ability to achieve results effectively, considering the need for speed, scale and quality
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural teams
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
Starting Date ASAP
Job Specification(s): Tasks and Responsibilities
- The general purpose of the post is to represent INTERSOS in Iraq, and act in accordance with specific directions from and supervision of the Regional Director.
- The HoM manages and coordinates the operations and human resources in the country and is responsible to:
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with Local Authorities and Institutions, Donors, International Agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Follow up, guarantee and monitor government recognition procedures for the organization in compliance with the host country formalities.
- Continuously assess, analyze and evaluate the impact of the country operations, also through periodic visits to the areas of intervention.
- Define the mission financial plan, ensuring self-sufficiency and consistency of expenses, and assume responsibility for the mission funds management, including bank accounts.
- Coordinate, guide and supervise the mission staff, and evaluate their performance.
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings.
- Define country priorities based on context and needs analyses; monitor donor intervention strategies in the country; design, promote and elaborate new interventions.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the country operations – and all related administrative, financial, human resources, logistics and security aspects – ensuring timely and quality assistance delivery, as well as cost efficiency and accountability, in compliance with INTERSOS and donors guidelines, regulations and procedures.
Apply Before: 6th June, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the subject “HoM Nigeria”
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.