International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
- Finance/Administrative Assistant
- Field Worker II
- Research Technician I (Laboratory)
- Research Technician I (Field)
Finance/Administrative Assistant job vacancy at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Job Title: Finance/Administrative Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative, financial and logistical support to the Country Coordinator;
- Prepare monthly cash position and bank reconciliations ;
- Maintain a ledger, monitor and analyze the budget ;
- Liaise with the Procurement Officer, ensure that procurements and payments to local suppliers on behalf of the project are done expeditiously;
- Implement CIP financial policies and and prepare regular financial reporting ;
- Make travel arrangements for the project team and any other project partners / visitors in the country;
- Make arrangements for meetings, trainings and workshops for the national project team;
- Handle motor vehicle maintenance, service and supervise the driver;
- Keep inventory of office equipment and supplies;
- Handle telephone calls/faxes, receive and assist visitors to the office;
- Liaise with Senior Project Assistant to enforce partner contracts;
- Maintain the office filing system (manual and electronic) including backup, archiving and storage;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Business Administration or other related field.
- A minimum of 3 years in finance and administration experience in a reputable organization is desirable.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be familiar with grants and contracts administration in a non for profit organization
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write project and financial reports.
- Be a team player accustomed to working in multi-cultural groups.
- Have good communication skills and willingness to travel.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.