International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidates to fill the following positions below:
- First Aid Field Officer – Abuja
- Driver – Abuja
- Car Dispatcher
- Driver – Plateau
- First Aid Field Officer – Plateau
First Aid Field Officer – Abuja job vacancy at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Job Title: First Aid Field Officer
- Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities.
- Facilitates the implementation, monitoring and follow up of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program in Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states in line with the developed frame including financial, logistical and security stipulations.
- Develops a comprehensive overview and understanding of the health care emergency needs on the ground.
- Contributes to the identification of the beneficiaries and the values ICRC can add to improve the emergency response from the scenes of the emergency till the referral further care
- Implements, monitors and evaluates references and activities according to objectives, plans of actions and resources available
- Strengthens local capacities and references, based on ownership and sustainability goals
- Collaborates with NRCS to ensure a coherent standardised and quality First Aid program is being presented to the participants.
- Strong knowledge in First Aid or Health related university Degree
- 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
- Good analytical skills
- Good command of written and spoken Kanuri, English and Hausa
- Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Solid communication skills as the position involves teaching First Aid skills to different audiences as well as communication with community members and leaders, National Society members and other stakeholders.
- Solution and objective oriented, organized, methodical and flexible personality, ability to work independently and within a team, very good analytical skills
- Ability to travel in all parts of the country
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hazardous environment
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
- Please clearly indicate “First Aid Field Officer ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- The deadline for the submission of applications will be the date above. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.