Christian Aid Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer, Social and Behaviour Change Communication
Job Location: Nigeria
- The post holder must have a Master’s degree in one of the following or related fields: health communications, behavioral science, health promotion or other related field,
Years of Experience: a minimum of three years of experience in designing, implementing and evaluating SBCC interventions within health development approaches in a similar organization.
- S/he must have strong skills in formative research which is related to the development and testing of innovations that improve health outcomes.
- The right candidate will have experience in applying appropriate theories and models of SBCC, preferably in the health field.
- This position requires the ability to work with multiple teams centrally and in the field to advance the implementation and evaluation of SBCC innovations.
- S/he must be a creative and strategic thinker and feel comfortable working in an environment with multiple competing priorities.
- S/he must demonstrate experience in identifying barriers to behavior change and developing effective communications plans including innovative strategies for addressing them as well as the ability to design formative research and evaluations of comprehensive health behavior change initiatives, including the development of data collection instruments and the analysis and utilization of qualitative data.
- Working closely with the programme officers, specifically the Knowledge Management/M&E subunit of the CHH team, the SBCC PO will support conceptualization of formative research to guide solution development and implementation and contribute to all aspects of the research continuum, from concept to dissemination.
- The PO will have experience developing tools and approaches in different cultural settings and designing linguistically appropriate interventions.
- In addition to contributing to the SBCC components of CAs CHH programme, the PO will also play a significant role in communicating all CHH initiatives through presentations and representation at meetings and conferences, participation in/coordination of cross cutting technical working group meetings, and general contributions toward accomplishment of CAs CHH strategic imperatives
Apply Before: 5pm, Friday 10th June 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply