FHI 360 is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
- Project Advisor, Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS)
- Senior Private Sector Advisor
- Director, Finance and Administration
- Chief of Party, Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS)
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
- Senior Grants/Compliance Manager
- Chief of Party
- Senior Malaria Technical Advisor
- Chief of Party/Project Director
Project Advisor, Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) job vacancy at FHI 360
- The SIDHAS project is a five-year PEPFAR program that aims to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
As part of the Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) Senior Team, the Project Advisor performs a wide variety of complex programmatic, technical, and communication/reporting functions.
Duties will include coordinating and finalizing a variety of administrative and operational reports; participating in the development, implementation, and documentation of administrative policies, procedures, and programs. A primary responsibility will be serving as a liaison with USAID and other external stakeholders.
As part of this role, the Advisor will have frequent communication with SIDHAS departments and staff, sub-awardees and relevant outside agencies, as well as FHI360 HQ. The Project Advisor reports directly to the SIDHAS Chief of Party:
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to provide leadership and high quality programmatic assistance to the program.
- Liaise with USAID, key partners and stakeholders on the implications of PEPFAR 3.0 to the SIDHAS project.
- Collaborate with technical staff to ensure programmatic targets are achieved and activities are implemented according to PEPFAR / USAID regulations.
- Provide leadership to ensure the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant reporting per FHI 360 and donor guidelines.
- Serves as primary senior team contact and liaison for assigned functions and programs with other departments and staff, outside agencies and organizations for the SIDHAS project; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues; explains, justifies, and promotes programs, policies, and activities.
- Assists the COP and other senior team members in collecting, compiling, and analyzing information from various sources on a variety of specialized topics related to SIDHAS; participates in the preparation of reports that present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and make and justify recommendations.
- Coordinates, tracks, and ensures timely response to all USAID requests for information and assistance; keeps COP and other key staff informed on communications.
- May assign work activities, projects, and programs to administrative support staff; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; recommends improvements in work flow, procedures, policies, and use of equipment and forms; implements improvements as directed by COP.
- Performs a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential duties for senior team and other staff as assigned.
- Directs and participates in the maintenance of a calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for senior staff; coordinates activities with other SIDHAS departments, USAID, outside agencies.
- Develops and edits a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, correspondence, etc; independently composes correspondence and reports related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or a related field.
- A minimum of 11 years of experience in a specialized technical/medical field of study.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of complex international public health programs.
- Knowledge of policies, rules and regulations of major donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Proven ability to communication effectively, both in writing and orally; demonstrated ability to independently prepare reports, briefings, correspondence and memoranda.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of a variety of programmatic, administrative and financial reports.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines under steady pressure and multiple priorities.
- Exercises good judgment and maintains confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrated competence in the operation and use modern office equipment including a computer and various software packages.
- Demonstrated experience in performing responsible and difficult organizational and office management and administrative functions showing independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria up to 25%
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position .