Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree is preferred and/or equivalent experience with the Africa Country Office of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines, balancing the needs of multiple individuals along with balancing the overall needs of the team.
- Experience with calendaring, travel arrangements (including international experience is strongly preferred), and event/meeting planning coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Ability to problem solve through situations that have undefined boundaries, lack of clarity or missing information.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office is required, in particular MS Outlook. Previous experience using MS SharePoint preferred, but not required. Experience in learning new software applications.
- Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work.
- Maturity, discretion and a sense of humor.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply