MacTay Group is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: BS/MS degree in Human Resources or related field.
Years of Experience: 5+ years proven working experience as HR manager.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Candidate should ideally possess or working towards obtaining a HR qualification such as CIPM or CIPD.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Details of the Role
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Negotiate bargaining agreements and help interpret labor contracts.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Develop, administer and evaluate applicant tests.
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Develop and/or administer special projects in areas such as pay equity, savings bond programs, day-care, and employee awards.
- Provide terminated employees with outplacement or relocation assistance.
- Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as food service, transportation, or relocation service
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze training needs to design employee learning and development and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply