O’Spaces Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Site Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Educational Qualification: B.Sc. or Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering
Years of Experience: Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience and must have worked on site for a construction company for at least 5 years.
- Candidates must have supervised the construction of a minimum of one 10-storey building or two projects valued at 1Billion Naira each as a site engineer for a construction company.
- Must have the capacity to manage site engineers on more than one project simultaneously.
- Must thoroughly understand the intimate details of building construction.
In addition to the academic qualifications and experience required for the position, please ensure that the prospective candidate can:
- Use leveling instrument
- Set out buildings
- Align columns both horizontally and vertically
- Check plastering gauge and plastered walls to ensure they are plumb
- Check formwork alignment and bracing
- Interpret structural details
- Understand concrete work and do concrete trial mixes
- Check block work
- Resolve all issues that may arise during tiling – tile sizes, spacing, straightness, squaring etc.
- Interpret building services drawing Understand roof trusses, roof covering, felting and other roof related issues
- Resolve quality issues related to doors and windows – profile types, mitre, wood type etc
- Resolve conflict at the project site, manage suppliers and supervise subcontractors.
- Use planning software e.g. MS project, Design software e.g. AutoCAD etc
- Mobilize human resources like carpenters, masons, tillers etc to project site.
- Construct leak-proof underground water retaining structures e.g. tanks, swimming pools etc.
- Construct concrete roof, balconies, roof gutter etc. that are leak proof.
Apply Before: 5th June, 2016
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV’s to: email@example.com