North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
1.) State Engineer
2.) Engineering & Environmental Compliance Manager
3.) Office Manager
4.) Administrative Assistant
5.) Grants Officer
6.) Finance Assistant
7.) Operations & Inventory Officer
8.) Community Development Facilitator
9.) Procurement Officer
10.) Entry-level Logistics Assistant
11.) M&E Officer
13.) Office Cleaner
14.) IT Officer
15.) Human Resources Officer
State Engineer job vacancy at North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
Job Title: Engineer
Locations: Adamawa, Borno, Yobe
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The State Engineer will support the Engineering and Environmental Compliance Manager to ensure that all projects are implemented in accordance with sound technical, environmental and engineering standards.
- The State Engineer provides technical support, training and supervision to project engineers who are implementing small and medium-sized infrastructure subprojects.
- The State Engineer will provide technical input to NERI staff during the project identification, development and implementation: including budget preparation, scheduling, environmental reviews and compliance monitoring, preparing and reviewing designs, and progress monitoring and reporting.
- The State Engineer will ensure that all infrastructure projects are completed within the available timeframe, allowing sufficient time for close down, demobilization, handover, final invoicing, and, if necessary, contract termination.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The State Engineer reports to the State Program Manager in Yola, Maiduguri or Damaturu. The State Engineer has no direct reports, but oversees the work of up to 10 temporary project engineers at a time.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Directly supervise construction and renovation works in the program area, and/or provide technical assistance and supervision to Project Engineers for all NERI infrastructure projects within the program area.
- Assist the Program team in identifying and developing infrastructure projects. Input will include, but not be limited to, establishing constructability, identifying potential field difficulties, and budget preparation to include material, labor, equipment and service costs.
- Conduct final checks on project designs and specifications to ensure that all designs, drawings and BOQs are in accordance with sound technical, environmental and engineering standards before passing on to Abuja for final approval.
- Prepare EDFs, identifying mitigation measures into projects. Ensure that these mitigation measures are planned, budgeted and carried out.
- Conduct monitoring visits to infrastructure project sites, including unannounced visits in order to monitor progress and ensure compliance.
- Assist in evaluating and prequalifying potential subcontractors.
- Set up and maintain local price databases using inputs from the procurement teams, past activities and assessment visits.
- Assist in the tendering, tender evaluation and contract recommendation processes for sub consultants and sub contracts.
- Directly carry out, or oversee Project Engineer pre-final and final inspection of all infrastructure works
- Technically review all invoices for state infrastructure subprojects submitted according to project invoice review procedures;
- Interface with grantees, sub-contractors and vendors as required ensuring transparent program processes are upheld.
- Participate in final review and close out of grant activities.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Civil Engineering or similar field of study.
- 5 years’ general work experience. # years specific work experience with a large portfolio assistance program providing infrastructure project implementation: Construction supervision as Resident Engineer, Construction Manager or Contractor’s Site Representative.
- Familiarity with USAID Environmental Compliance regulations and experience in preparation of EDFs
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem solving skills and provide technical supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri desired.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter; AND
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350,
ATTN: Human Resources Office,
Note: Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
click next to view the next vacant positions