GE Nigeria is recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
1.) Logistics Manager
2.) Logistics & Inventory Specialist I-HC
3.) GE Africa Early Career Development Program 2016
4.) Tax Associate
Logistics Manager job vacancy at GE Nigeria
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Job Number: 2603878
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Postal Code: 500001
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: OG-SURF Surface
Develop long term direction for GE Oil & Gas Surface Logistics
- Direct the importation and transportation of all product and goods for GE Oil & Gas Surface equipment.
- Identify and execute cost reduction initiatives through mode shift, consolidation, and optimization of shipments
- Manage freight forwarder and common carrier relationships
- Provide input to Sales and Marketing regarding preferred sales terms (INCOTERMS) and cost/pricing for logistics value add service operations
- Manage in-country inventory warehouse, material flow and service operations
- Implement, manage, and report out on global logistics metrics
- Direct and implement GE Oil & Gas Surface equipment shipping, traffic, transportation, distribution, freight forwarder, and brokerage services and policies
- Identify and implement standardized best practices across multiple international shipping sites
- Maintain files of all transportation and services
- Manage and assist peers in interfacing with carrier management, carrier rate committees in rate negotiations
- Monitor federal and state regulations with respect to freight and transportation .
- Must be knowledgeable of transportation trends, pricing, and government regulations to protect GE Oil & Gas from illegal transportation practices and charges
- Develop in/outbound logistics contingency plans to deal with supply chain uncertainties
- Assist in preparing for financial and logistics reviews
- Maintain a data warehouse of freight payment data and shipment data through freight payment services and shipping document reports
- Manage maintenance of freight payment, claims management, proof of delivery and associated individual site requirements to meet the daily in/outbound operational needs
- Liaise with the GE Compliance teams (global) to ensure absolute compliance
- Take a lead role in developing logistics practices that benefit GE Oil & Gas
- Manage the logistics cost center
- Prepare and issue Shipper’s Letters of Instruction to freight forwarders
- Develop, lead, and inspire global logistics team to provide excellent service in a best total cost environment
- Prepare international shipping and invoicing documentation, research files, and answer questions regarding Export and Import regulations.
- Arrange the packing, crating, and forwarding of orders according to customer request, or in accordance with company policy if not specified by customers.
- Provide feedback to internal customers and regarding shipment pickup, tracking, clearance issues, or invoice discrepancies.
- Four-years college Degree in Logistics Management or Business Management with additional Logistics training at a university level
- 3 years or more experience managing logistics
- Outstanding project management skills. Must be able to meet multiple commitments in cross-functional team environments under tight deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with internal customers in other countries
- Strong presentation skills – must be comfortable and competent at presenting technical information to senior management and defending position.
- Solid personal computer skills with strong capability with Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Potential for advancing career one or two levels higher.
- Organizational and teaming skills to lead purchasing efforts.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (up to 50%).
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume).
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Action oriented – Enjoys hard work; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Decision quality – Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; evaluates results.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; senses hidden problems; is excellent at – and honest with – analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
click next to go to the next vacation positions