APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Direct Sales Executive
Job Location: Onne, Rivers State, Nigeria
Educational Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 5 years experience in similar position in South-South or South-East Nigeria.
- Ideal candidate should be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and be willing to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- The Ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Also, highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems.
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team.
Job Specification(s): Key Responsibilities
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the commercial scope
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision making process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by other product characteristics.
- Establish internal network in East Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
Apply Before: 31st May, 2016.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply