TechnoServe is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director, Agribusiness (Nigeria)
Job Location: Nigeria
Educational Qualification and Years of Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Agriculture or other relevant subject with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in agribusiness development, preferably in Africa; or master’s degree in economics, business, agriculture or other relevant subject with a minimum of 7 years of work experience in agribusiness development, preferably in Africa.
- Ability to anticipate demand, manage multiple tasks/ projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ICT skills.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English is non-negotiable.
- Ability to speak French will be an advantage
- Experience in working in challenging, complex and post-conflict countries will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in technology transfer.
- Proven experience managing a dynamic team.
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships.
- Strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills.
In this role you will:
- Provide overall management for the implementation of the country strategies in the target countries
- Select, establish, activate and manage the channel partnership platform: distributors, wholesalers, agro-dealers, farmers, etc
- Conduct regular field visits to farms, manufacturing and distribution sites in the selected countries
- Anticipate and remove any constraints on the field (including within the partnerships) that will lead to a derailment of the set objectives of the business
- Provide training and mentoring support to the Business Development and M&E Specialists Coordinate the production and dissemination of communication materials (print and electronic) relating to the project and the organizations involved in the business
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors
- Support proper implementation of donor rules
- Provide hands-on assistance and guidance to field teams during annual audits and donor audits, as required
- Willingness to travel at least 50 percent of time
- Lead in the forecasting of product (by region/country) and liaise with other stakeholders internally to align with organizational budgetary and financial objectives
- Establish the supply chain system (from the manufacturer to the end user: dispatch of goods to various locations/countries, storage, distribution and utilization on the farms)
- Create and maintain a sustainability plan that ensures that the business is profitable and addresses the social and economic realities in the communities in which it operates
- Lead the development of the business linkages between the production facilities and the farmers, processors and markets within the countries and outside the continent
- Meet and liaise with relevant government officials, potential investors, private sector, donors and development partners active in the agricultural value chain
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants.
- Candidate should click on the link above to apply and upload their Resume, Cover letter, Salary history and Three professional references.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
- TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.