FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following vacant positions below:
1.) Senior Malaria Technical Advisor
2.) Chief of Party/Project Director
3.) Senior Private Sector Advisor
4.) Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
5.) Senior Grants/Compliance Manager
6.) Director, Finance and Administration
Senior Malaria Technical Advisor job vacancy at FHI 360
Job Title: Senior Malaria Technical Advisor
Job ID: 16996
Area: Global Health, Population & Nutrition
- The U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative for States program envisions a flagship malaria project which will contribute to the efforts the Government of Nigeria to reduce the burden of malaria and specifically, reduction of all cause under-five morbidity and mortality as well as maternal mortality and its associated complications.
- The project will provide facility and community based malaria case-management and prevention through the public and private sectors in nine or more States of Nigeria.
- Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor Specialist will provide overall technical leadership to support quality malaria interventions especially in diagnosis, case management and prevention of malaria in general and malaria in pregnancy (MIP) in particular.
- The focus will be on public sector facilities but also at the community level as indicated by the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative program and National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) priorities.
- S/he will support the formulation of evidence-based national health policies, strategies and systems for public sector service delivery, and coordinate the development of the technical aspects of project implementation.
- S/he will support program activities focused on the private sector, malaria surveillance, monitoring and evaluation, and operations research in conjunction with the Senior M&E and Senior Private Sector Advisors, the NMEP and other partners.
- Works collaboratively with senior staff, USAID, the Government of Nigeria and partners to develop and periodically refine program strategies as needed.
- Provides overall technical leadership on the planning, design implementation, monitoring and reporting of malaria prevention and treatment activities under the U.S President’s Malaria Initiative for States program.
- Develops and maintains systems for assuring quality of all interventions including prevention, diagnosis, malaria in pregnancy, severe malaria among others; capacity building and information, education and communication protocols and SOPS are appropriate for the project.
- Coordinates the development of all technical aspects of program implementation approaches and ensures appropriate consultations with stakeholders at all levels; and especially with USAID contractors collaborating on this project in the areas of BCC and procurement.
- Communicates a common vision among diverse partners (i.e. Government of Nigeria USAID, CSOs) and coordinates multi-disciplinary technical assistance teams with the Government.
- Ensures effective integration and coordination of program implementation among partner organizations through effective leadership.
- Maintains a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders, and ensures that the project is represented in appropriate technical, steering, and advisory groups.
- Supports maintenance of the program surveillance system.
- Supports the management, development and monitoring of work plans and budgets and ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance for interventions by all partners.
- Provides technical input into the program monitoring and evaluation as well as surveillance
- Represents the program in malaria technical sub-committees and other meetings as agreed with the COP and FHI 360 country leadership.
- Medical degree – MD or MPH/PhD, postgraduate qualification in international health or related discipline;
- Minimum of ten (10) year experience in malaria epidemiology and control in Africa, including some at international level;
- Proven technical skills in malaria case management, integrated community case management and prevention at international level;
- Experience and understanding of working with Ministries of Health in policy and strategy formulation at national and sub-national level;
- Experience in training health workers, preferably in both public and private sectors (formal and informal);
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, LGA officials, and where appropriate, donor representatives;
- Previous experience in developing country contexts and ideally, in Nigeria an asset;
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects or similar international donor funded programs is preferred;
- A history of productive involvement with governmental health systems, processes and service delivery models in developing countries
- Excellent and demonstrated project management and coordination skills.
- Background in research desirable
- Must be able to read and write in English with professional proficiency as well as possess presentation development send delivery skills
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships and to work collaboratively with host-country government counterparts and civil society organizations
- Strong experience in results dissemination and publication is preferred.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.