eHealth Systems Africa is recruiting to fill the vacant positions:
1.) Senior Software Developer
2.) Graduate Junior Software Developer
3.) DevOps Engineer
4.) Information Systems Advisor
5.) Junior UI/UX Designer
6.) Technical Project Manager
Senior Software Developer job vacancy at eHealth Systems Africa
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Department: Software Development
Type: Full Time
- The Senior Developer is responsible for developing and supporting projects, functions and completing specific client work, projects and miscellaneous tasks.
- This highly responsible position involves using established work procedures to analyse, design, develop, implement, maintain, re-engineer and troubleshoot applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs technical aspects of operations related to client accounts or high severity issues
- Participates in the evolution of company level software best practices, standards, and policies
- Defines objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Works closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Collaborates with product owners, technical architects and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and mobile-based applications
- Provides thought-leadership as to emerging technologies and integrate them into business operations
- Assist in estimation and assessment of feasibility of solutions for upcoming projects
Qualifications and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Well familiar with the whole software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Strong unit test and debugging skills as well as proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Desired: Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework
- Familiarity with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries and event-driven programming in Python
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.