United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
1.) TA Child Protection Specialist
2.) Gender & Development Specialist – Updated
3.) International Sanitation Financing Consultant
4.) International Sanitation Marketing Consultant (WASH)
5.) National Baseline Survey Consultant (WASH)
TA Child Protection Specialist job vacancy at United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Job Title: TA Child Protection Specialist (Violence Against Children and Child Protection Systems Strengthening)
Job Number: 495868
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 364 days
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
- The United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) Nigeria is seeking the interest of a qualified Child Protection Specialist in the area of Child Protection Systems Strengthening with a focus on violence against children (VAC).
- In September 2015, supported by UNICEF, Nigeria became the 8th country in the world and the first country in West Africa to launch the findings of the National Violence Against Children Survey. In response to the findings, the President of Nigeria launched the Year of Action to End Violence Against Children, alongside national priority actions of state and non state actors, including religious groups, NGOs and the media. The President called on all 36 States to launch their own campaigns.
- Lagos became the first state to heed the President’s call on 24th February 2016, launching their own campaign and priority actions. UNICEF will support a further eight States to launch their own campaigns.
- A fundamental component of the priority actions at national and state level is the operationalisation of the Child Rights Acts. UNICEF is supporting the Federal Ministry of Women Affair and Social Development to implement a nine state programme to develop a model child protection system in order to promote the operationalisation of the Child Rights Act across the country. In four of these States, UNICEF is investing heavily to support state government to establish a model system in target local government areas.
Purpose of the Position
- The overall objective of the post is to support the four focus states to model the child protection system and to provide support to States to launch their own state campaigns and priority actions. The post holder will also contribute to the launch of the end violence against campaign 2030 linked with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Key Expected Results
- Provide technical support for the modelling of the child protection system in target local government areas
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation system for the child protection systems models
- Oversee the establishment of the child protection information management system
- Convene and facilitate the Child Protection Systems Strengthening Learning Group
- Manage the evaluation of the Child Protection Systems Strengthening model
- Establish and support the National Child Rights Implementation Committee
- Provide technical support for the launch of state campaigns to end violence against children (8 states)
- Contribute to the preparations of the launch of the EndVACNigeria 2030 campaign
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate
- Advanced university Degree, preferably in Law, Social work or related field.
- A first level (Bachelor’s) university degree in related fields with 7 years professional experience may be acceptable in lieu of an advance university Degree.
- 5 years professional experience in child protection
- Understanding of the international framework for child protection
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong advocacy skills
- Strong written skills
- Experience of implementing child protection systems strengthening programmes
- Experience of developing child protection information management systems
- Experience of supporting the development of multi-sectoral plans to prevent and respond to violence against children
- Experience of supporting the launch of campaigns to end violence against children
- Fluency in English.
Competencies of the Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and Supervising
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Applying Technical Expertise.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is a re-advertisement of a previously advertised vacancy. Applicants who applied to the first vacancy do not resubmit their applications as these will be kept active through the second advertisement.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
***NOTE***: Click NEXT to go to the next vacant position.