A leading British International School is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Vice Principal
Job Location: Abuja
- Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Certification in Educational Leadership, or Administration and Supervision.
Years of Experience: Minimum of five (5) years classroom teaching experience and three (3) years administrative experience.
Other Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of curriculum and instructional programs and practices for appropriate level.
- Willingness to learn budgetary and supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to use data in the decision-making process.
- Skill to work with people in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of scheduling and supervision.
- Business Development Acumen
- Strategic Planning and Operational Implementation
- Good Analytical and presentation skills
- Reports and presentation articulation
- Guidance and Counselling
- Good command of oral English language skills and writing ability
- Leadership skills
- To act as the academic leader of the School, responsible for its day-to-day operation: scheduling of students, overseeing of the academic advising and counselling programs; monitoring student academic progress; address student academic emergencies; coordinating the efforts of department heads and the academic affairs committee, etc
- To serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, discipline, teaching methods, and general school procedures.
- To assist in the admission process for the testing, interviewing, and evaluating of applicants for enrolment.
- To oversee the coordination of the co-curricular and extra-curricular activity programs of the school; to assist in the planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs; to assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; to keep the entire school community informed of various school programs and activities.
- To provide for the academic guidance of students; to maintain complete academic records on all students; to oversee the grading and the reporting of standards and methods used by teachers in measuring student achievement.
- To observe, supervise and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs;
- To oversee and direct the activities of the department chairs, the sponsors of various student organizations and activities, and faculty committees.
- To make recommendations to the School Principal regarding hiring and retention, and the assignment of faculty.
- To establish programs for the orientation of new teachers, for in-service training of all teachers, and for the evaluation of classroom teachers, to ensure that teachers are familiar with and adhere to School policies in all areas of the School operation.
- Manage the availability and use of state of art technology and leading practice in delivering of school curriculum to students.
- High expectations for pastoral care as well as extracurricular development
- To provide necessary vision and personal drive to develop the school, to implement new initiatives and to improve educational standards
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply