International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Research Supervisor
Job Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Educational Qualification: BSc/HND in Agriculture
Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in breeding or similar role.
Other Requirements: Responsibilities
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in supervising all field research activities, field layout, fertilizer application, planting, data collection and harvesting;
- Assist in data collection and monitor casual labors;
- Assist in special project including HarvestPlus-Maize Project;
- Assist scientists to maintain strict control of budget expenditure and casual employment;
- Assist in supervising seed preparation of breeding nurseries and trial including planting, hand pollination and data collection in and outside Ibadan;
- Assist in supervising appropriate harvesting, processing storage and retrieval of samples from trials and nurseries planted at the different locations in and outside Ibadan for laboratory analyses;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ideal candidate bust be organized and be able to pay attention to details
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Must have good time management skills.
- Dependable, takes initiative and ready to accept responsibilities.
Apply Before: Not Specified
How to Apply: Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.